How's this for a new gaming rig

Jimbo on Fire

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hi,

I'm based in the UK and looking to order parts this weekend for a build. I'm don't want to spend more than £1500 and I'm buying everything but a monitor as I will be running my system through a 34inch full HD tv.

I've compiled a list of the parts I think I want to go for and just wanted to check I'm not bottle necking and get some suggestions for parts I haven't decided on. I'm mainly gaming but I would like to be able to record game footage too and do some editing. So far I've got:

CPU: Intel i5 3570K
CPU cooler: ?
Motherboard: G1 Sniper M3 micro ATX or ASRock Fata1ty Z77
Storage: Samsung 1tb 7200rpm and OC2 Vetex 4 128gb
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2gb windforce 3X
Case: Corsair Vengeance C70
PSU: Corsair 650w ATX 12v
Optical Drive: ?
Keyboard: Gigabyte Aivia Osmium
Mouse: Gigabyte Aivia Krypton

Thanks in advance guys,
James

Jimbo on Fire

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Also will this build be able to play things like Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light on ultra setting or will I need an i7 processor for that?

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H

Ever since Intel’s introduction of the Z77 chipset, motherboard giant Gigabyte has made huge leaps in in improvements on their motherboards all the way from the budget end to the extreme high end and the Z77X-D3H is a perfect example of what kind of top quality products can be achieved.

With support for PCIe 3.0, SATA 3 6Gb/s, 8 channel integrated audio, Gigabyte’s fully digital power delivery system, and ultra durable 4 features, it’s got a lot going for it.

That said, either one you picked would be fine.No you wouldn't need a i7 your build will play pretty much everything you throw at it at high to ultra settings 1080p. ;)

Jimbo on Fire

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Would be worth paying the extra for an i7 rather than an i5. This build is under my original budget so I might put a little extra in if it's worth it.

Is this build for just gaming if so then no it would not be worth it.On the other hand if you plan on doing heavy video editing and rendering or using progams such as photoshop alot then it would be worth it. Core i5 3570K i know that it’s just about the best processor you can get for the money today. With plenty of performance, top notch overclocking capability and enough horsepower to run any game you throw at it, the choice is a no brainer.

Those thinking about purchasing a processor with a bit more horsepower for video editing or other multi-threaded applications, it be worth it to get the i7.