Sending pictures-Nokia 6230

Last response: in Brands
May 28, 2005 11:57:27 PM

I've searched the manual until my eyes are watering-can't see any reference
to it...how do I send a photo I have taken with the phone (with a text
message) to one of my contacts???? I have set it up for WAP etc etc, and the
other persons phone can receive photos.
TIA
Smiffy
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:26:25 AM

"Smiffy",

Has GPRS been "provisioned" on your account??

You will need to speak with your Service Provider, if this has not been done
already.

You can also send a picture to an e-mail address.

Compose MMS message (take picture), add text, press SEND, Press E-mail
address,input or search for e-mail address, press okay.

Whoosssshhhhhhh.

It will disappear into hyper space, and shortly (all things being correct)
will be delivered to the recipients e-mail or phone address.

Good Luck

"Smiffy" <smif@thesmifhouse.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7aetu$d25$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> I've searched the manual until my eyes are watering-can't see any
reference
> to it...how do I send a photo I have taken with the phone (with a text
> message) to one of my contacts???? I have set it up for WAP etc etc, and
the
> other persons phone can receive photos.
> TIA
> Smiffy

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:40:29 AM

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
news:D 7agl1$sec$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> "Smiffy",
>
> Has GPRS been "provisioned" on your account??
>
> You will need to speak with your Service Provider, if this has not been
done
> already.
>
> You can also send a picture to an e-mail address.
>
> Compose MMS message (take picture), add text, press SEND, Press E-mail
> address,input or search for e-mail address, press okay.
>
> Whoosssshhhhhhh.
>
> It will disappear into hyper space, and shortly (all things being correct)
> will be delivered to the recipients e-mail or phone address.
>
> Good Luck

Kevin,

Many thanks for the speedy reply-sorry, I forgot to mention, yes, I have set
up GPRS with my provider. I'll try your suggestion!
thanks again
!