AGP vid card necessary?

I've be told I should have an AGP vid card, that some games won't run without
it.. AGP is presently grey-ed out in my system. Does that mean I have to buy
another vid card with AGP? What is AGP? I have perfectly good RADEON 7000
64RAM. Must I junk it? What of 2nd hand, pre-owned vid cards?
--
....if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig and
a bad boy!

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

First check your motherboard to see if it's even AGP compatible.

"swellfella" <swellfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've be told I should have an AGP vid card, that some games won't run
> without
> it.. AGP is presently grey-ed out in my system. Does that mean I have to
> buy
> another vid card with AGP? What is AGP? I have perfectly good RADEON 7000
> 64RAM. Must I junk it? What of 2nd hand, pre-owned vid cards?
> --
> ...if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig
> and
> a bad boy!

That model can be AGP or PCI, depends what you choose to buy.

An AGP card need not be expensive.

Look at the latest models and then step back a model or two earlier.
They are pretty cheap and sufficient for playing games.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"swellfella" <swellfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've be told I should have an AGP vid card, that some games won't run
> without
> it.. AGP is presently grey-ed out in my system. Does that mean I have to
> buy
> another vid card with AGP? What is AGP? I have perfectly good RADEON 7000
> 64RAM. Must I junk it? What of 2nd hand, pre-owned vid cards?
> --
> ...if you give a pig and a boy anything they want you'll have a good pig
> and
> a bad boy!

And if it's an AGP card but the AGP option is greyed
out then you might need to upgrade your chipset drivers.
That information is in the MFC app post I sent you. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User