Headset/Microphone Help!

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Headsets
  • Microphone
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 18, 2013 2:01:15 PM

Hello, I am building my new PC ($1000) and I was origonally looking at a Samson Go Mic as my microphone, but then my friend asked: "What if you want to lean back...." which got me thinking.... I was looking into some headsets, but they all seem very expensive. Then again, you get what you pay for. I want a good quality headset (maybe virtual 5.1) and one with a good mic, so I was looking into the Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Alpha, because I had heard that it has a good mic. However, I wasn't quite sure, So I started looking some more and I stumbled upon the Razer Electras, however, they have a horrible mic! so those are still an option, but eh. So yeah, I have like a $40-$60 budget, please does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Wanted:
•Good for Gaming
•Maybe good for Music
•Comfortable
•GOOD MICROPHONE
•$40 - $60
•Not Turtlebeach!

THANKS!

More about : headset microphone

Best solution

February 18, 2013 2:07:10 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-GameCom-780-Surround-...

Couldn't recommend this headset enough, it's probably the best rated headset on amazon. The mic quality is fantastic, the sound is crisp and clear. You really cannot beat these. At a price of $55 nothing beats these in your price range.
February 18, 2013 2:11:14 PM

Yeah, I saw those, they looked reallllly appealing, but I'm getting my PC parts in like 2-3 weeks, so the sale might be off by then D:
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2013 2:18:10 PM

FlyingPigman said:
Yeah, I saw those, they looked reallllly appealing, but I'm getting my PC parts in like 2-3 weeks, so the sale might be off by then D:

I doubt the sale will be off then, most amazon sales last either indefinitely or multiple months unless it's a gold box deal.
m
l
February 18, 2013 2:29:25 PM

ok, thank you SOOOO Much! :D  I looked online, and the mic quality of those things are AMAZING! is there a way to like friend people on TH?
m
l
February 18, 2013 2:29:36 PM

Best answer selected by FlyingPigman.
m
l
!