Nvidia sli issues please help

hi guys i jus sli gtx 670 and my performance is really bad except few games such as battlefield and mafia 2, bad games are such as crysis 2 assassins creed 3 but thats known. the question i wanna ask is do i have to use the nvidia sli inspector or the do i have to tweak the game from nvidia control panel manage 3d settings? cuz when i play crysis i get like 70-95 but its not stabel as soon as i go outside of buildings it drops to 50fps which i can run that with one card and outside looks really bad the anti aliasing is broken i donno why and everything is at ultra this how it looks in mafia 2 game also so i donno what to do i never used sli i before
7 answers Last reply
More about nvidia issues help
  1. Well what are the rest of your system specs?
    What resolution?
  2. i5 750 4.0ghz
    8gb ram 1600mhz
    cm 750w psu
    1tb hdd
    gtx 670 evga and a pny signuter edition
    asus rog motherboard
    tx2420t 1080p display
  3. Well that's pretty easy - your processor is bottlenecking you. Upgrade your processor and motherboard to an i5-3570k and a z77 mobo, and you'll be golden.
  4. u telling me my processor is bottlenecking my cards ? are u nuts man its a true quad core 4.0ghz theres noo way its bottlenecking my performance i jus chaged the sli rendering mode to force alternative rendering 2 and its almost perfect now lol
  5. sorry but your processor is the weak link, you will need a new generation i5 to take full advatange of your cards.

To prove this you need msi afterburner or Evga Precision and monitor your gpu usage, I am betting usage will only be around 50% on both cards, since your cpu cannot feed your GPU's fast enough.

an i5 2500k at 4.5Ghz is more than enough to power you system
  6. i have the evga precision x and it shows around 97% utilization in bf3. mafia 2, heaven benchmark, and crysis around 50-80% and its not utilizing it well in assassins creed either so i dono whats wrong with it i know the weak link is the processor but 4.0ghz quadcore should be more than enough in gaming scenarios
  7. redeemer said:
    Well what are the rest of your system specs?
    What resolution?

i see that u have 2 gtx 680s are you using the program settings and if u do some games it says NVidia recommended(sli) and sometimes (custom) do I have to change anything then or leave it to be
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards SLI Nvidia Graphics