YesEvil

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Hey,
I have had a wireless network going in my home for a fair few months now, however for quite a while I have had trouble gaming, recently this has intensified to the point where I can play no game online safely, there are times where it is good, but that does not last long, this happens even when I am the only user on the network.

I have swept my PC with many different Virus scans and Malware scans and am yet to find anything wrong with my PC. I use a cable connection to the network because I my PC is unable to connect wirelessly.

Other users also have trouble whilst playing online games, not to my extent. (But I do play a lot more.)

1. Is this what is to be expected of a wireless network even if you do not connect via wireless?
2. Is there a way for me to find the problem?
3. Can you give me a solution to the problem?

Please help, I am a heavy game enthusiast. :(

RealBeast

Titan
It could be a number of things: your internet provider, you are too far from the wireless router, interference from EM sources (portable phones, and microwaves are notorious), other nearby wireless networks on the same radio channel (you can try other channels if this is the issue). You can download and run inSSIDer to check for the last issue.