2nd video card does not seem working

Fango 12

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Hello,
I have new HP laptop with intel hd 4000 and additional amd Radion 7670 2gb,
it seems that the Amd card is not working on playing movies or some games.
there is nothing shown on bios about switchable graphics, also dxdiag does not show the Radeon card in diplay tab!
I downloaded the drive from hp and nothing changed , what seems the problem?

Fango 12

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
the internal graphics can not be disabled, I did that 3 times and it looks like there is no adapter at all after that, I think the Radeon works through the Intel, it cannot work alone or it is not working at all
as fir your other option do you suggest I should open the laptop from inside? cause this will be impossible as it is brand new laptop, I will lose warranty.

Fango 12

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

none of that is in Bios :(

Xttony

Distinguished
So I think the card is not functioning. Run CPUz or use aida64 to see it your hardware is even detected. If it is not detected then contact your laptop retailer or company whatever because it is a new laptop.

Fango 12

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

I just run CPUZ and it detected the radion without any details and also the intel.

I also used GPUz and it detected both graphics, the Radion seems there with all details, but I noticed the multi gpu is disabled on the intel ! is it normal?

Xttony

Distinguished
MultiGPU will be disable because you cannot use both internal intel graphics and external graphics normally. What is the laptops model number?
Since you cannot deactivate intel graphics in bios there must be a problem.

Fango 12

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

I dont know if you mean this:
a customized Pavilion g6t-2000 . I added the Radeon in the customization.

Xttony

Distinguished
Then how can it be a brand new laptop If you have installed a extra video card yourself. Anyway you cannot just add a video card into your system that's why you do not see any laptop graphics card available to buy at any website.

Fango 12

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

As I wrote in previous msg, I added the card by customization WHEN buying it, I didn't install anything by myself and havent said that!
HP allow some optional customization for this model one of them is adding the Radion card.