Sign in with
Your question

2nd video card does not seem working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2013 3:50:40 AM

Hello,
I have new HP laptop with intel hd 4000 and additional amd Radion 7670 2gb,
it seems that the Amd card is not working on playing movies or some games.
there is nothing shown on bios about switchable graphics, also dxdiag does not show the Radeon card in diplay tab!
I downloaded the drive from hp and nothing changed , what seems the problem?

More about : 2nd video card working

January 2, 2013 4:20:25 AM

You need to disable the internal graphics or put the pcie slot at 1st priority.
January 2, 2013 5:35:58 AM

the internal graphics can not be disabled, I did that 3 times and it looks like there is no adapter at all after that, I think the Radeon works through the Intel, it cannot work alone or it is not working at all
as fir your other option do you suggest I should open the laptop from inside? cause this will be impossible as it is brand new laptop, I will lose warranty.
Related resources
January 2, 2013 5:57:07 AM

No not open the laptop the settings should be in your bios. It should look something like video processor priority or gpu priority or graphics processor priority
January 2, 2013 6:01:26 AM

Xttony said:
No not open the laptop the settings should be in your bios. It should look something like video processor priority or gpu priority or graphics processor priority

none of that is in Bios :( 
January 2, 2013 7:04:21 AM

So I think the card is not functioning. Run CPUz or use aida64 to see it your hardware is even detected. If it is not detected then contact your laptop retailer or company whatever because it is a new laptop.
January 2, 2013 7:20:15 AM

Xttony said:
So I think the card is not functioning. Run CPUz or use aida64 to see it your hardware is even detected. If it is not detected then contact your laptop retailer or company whatever because it is a new laptop.

I just run CPUZ and it detected the radion without any details and also the intel.

I also used GPUz and it detected both graphics, the Radion seems there with all details, but I noticed the multi gpu is disabled on the intel ! is it normal?
January 2, 2013 7:29:05 AM

MultiGPU will be disable because you cannot use both internal intel graphics and external graphics normally. What is the laptops model number?
Since you cannot deactivate intel graphics in bios there must be a problem.
January 2, 2013 7:41:41 AM

Xttony said:
MultiGPU will be disable because you cannot use both internal intel graphics and external graphics normally. What is the laptops model number?
Since you cannot deactivate intel graphics in bios there must be a problem.

I dont know if you mean this:
a customized Pavilion g6t-2000 . I added the Radeon in the customization.
January 2, 2013 8:10:24 AM

Then how can it be a brand new laptop If you have installed a extra video card yourself. Anyway you cannot just add a video card into your system that's why you do not see any laptop graphics card available to buy at any website.
January 2, 2013 8:23:32 AM

Xttony said:
Then how can it be a brand new laptop If you have installed a extra video card yourself. Anyway you cannot just add a video card into your system that's why you do not see any laptop graphics card available to buy at any website.

As I wrote in previous msg, I added the card by customization WHEN buying it, I didn't install anything by myself and havent said that!
HP allow some optional customization for this model one of them is adding the Radion card.
January 3, 2013 1:25:23 AM

It is better you contact hp and let them handle it. Tell them to update your bios.
January 10, 2013 5:37:01 AM

Does anybody has a solution for this?
!