Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer Crashes, possible graphic card problem?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2013 4:13:22 AM

So yeah, I built this computer about 5 months ago. Ever since I built it Ive been having issues. It started blue screening randomly during seemingly undemanding tasks. Now I cannot play games without having issues. The main issues are:

While playing games, my computer screen will go black, but the sound will play on for a few seconds then start skipping. Afterwards the screen will just stay black and I have to do a hard reboot in order to start it back.

Random blue screens. They used to be frequent now they are occuring much less often.

While watching youtube videos, the video area will turn green. Sometimes this is followed by my graphics drivers crashing. Then sometimes this will continue happening in an endless loop, once again forcing me to do a hard reboot.

Also, possibly not involving the graphics card but still annoying, whenever I exit out of an internet tab my other tabs will freeze up. I need to wait a few seconds before I can exit the next tab or do anything involving it. If anyone figures this out, bonus points?

Anyways, any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help given. :D 

Graphics card is a Gigabyte AMD 7850.
8gb corsair vengance RAM.
Intel i5 2500.
800 bronze corsair PSU.
Asus motherboard, cant remember the exact model but will find it if it helps. THANKS!

More about : computer crashes graphic card problem

a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 5:23:24 AM

If u r system (processor,gpu,smps)fan has any damage the system overheat quickly so protect from more damage the system shutdown without any error message like bluescreen message.
so check all fans are working correctly and clean the dust from cpu.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 6:02:53 AM

If you have put everything properly while assembling the parts, this might be a failing ram or hard drive. try using one ram card at a time if you have two cards or get a card from someone to test your mobo. Get a different hard drive from someone and see if that works. Did you get any errors while installing the drivers of gpu and any failed windows updates?
January 2, 2013 6:12:35 AM

Xttony said:
If you have put everything properly while assembling the parts, this might be a failing ram or hard drive. try using one ram card at a time if you have two cards or get a card from someone to test your mobo. Get a different hard drive from someone and see if that works. Did you get any errors while installing the drivers of gpu and any failed windows updates?

My ram was fine last time I checked it, and I installed my hard drive correctly. I can check again and let you know though. And no errors that I can remember.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 6:16:00 AM

start monitoring temperatures constantly,also update the main board bios as well as all the drivers. A complete sweep would-be better. Also see if there is any auto oc tool running and if yes than disable it.
also watch out for the ram timings and set them to default.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 7:19:16 AM

Since your problems started just after you assembled the build how can you be so sure about the ram cards working properly. As suggested by others you also should start monitoring your temperature of the components. Aida64 (trail 14 days) is a nice application to monitor these settings with a bunch of other options. When temperatures sore too high the computer automatically stops the system and gives a blue screen to prevent damage.
Any failed windows updates or gpu driver installation errors?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 7:53:47 AM

you might also want to look up the error code generated, on the Microsoft Knowledge Base website.
m
l
January 23, 2013 2:29:43 AM

Best answer selected by The LOP.
m
l
!