Crashing issues, i have no clue!?

Mull1s

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Hello!
I built my system one week ago for some lightweight computing, all parts are brand new:

CPU: Intel Core i3 3225 3,3Ghz Socket 1155 Box
MB: Gigabyte GA-B75N mITX
RAM: Gskill Ares LP 1600Mhz (2x4GB)
SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GB (on sata 3 with intel rst)
PSU: Chieftec CTG-650C
DVD: Samsung SH-224BB (on sata 2)
Built inside a Bitfenix Prodigy.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium (valid) and it has been crashing alot, even during the installation of the OS.
Eventually i was able to install it and got it booted up after some tries. So i installed the drivers needed and windows updates and it was still crashing (Never any BSOD but random reboots). It doesnt crash at all in safe mode..

But here's when it gets very interesting :pt1cable: i was able to download a free game and install it (Heroes of Newerth), when windows booted i was really fast with starting this game and now the computer is rock stable.. i have been playing for over 5 hours yesterday and 4 hours today without any crashes.
I can browse the web and do anything if i got this game running in the background.. as soon as i quit, the system reboots.
I also noticed im not able to use the dvd player, when i use the button to eject the system crashes (also if im trying to eject in windows).

I have no idea what is going on and while im writing this i have the game running in the background lol :lol:

nter BIOS and check your RAM timing and voltage

Interesting that it doesnt crash in safemode [ driverless] but ws crashing before you had windows installed

Another thing worth trying would be to remove the chieftec psu and take it to a high cliff and hurl it as far as you possibly can into space . If you run a sweepstake on
1/ how many peices its in when it lands
and
2/ how long it takes to touch down again
you might even get your money back

USE ONLY 80+ BRONZE OR BETTER RATED POWER SUPPLIES

read up on proper installation of SSD in BIOS and reinstall operating system.

and if you get to install the operating system make sure you install all the mobo drivers and support-ware and then go to windows update before you try and play games.

Mull1s

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Thank you for the response!

I used memtest86 on a bootable usb stick and was able to pass it several times.
Timings are as following:
tCL 9 tRCD 9 tRP 9 tRAS 24 with the voltage of 1,536. Vtt voltage shows 1.05 (i dont know what this is)

I am using the Intel XMP profile since the first time i booted and AHCI mode was activated without me changing it. I cant use my dvd drive at all since it causes the system to reboot (it is also sharing the same sata power cable as my ssd).

The thing that is really annoying is that when i put the system into work (like having that game running) it is not crashing for hours and the system wont reboot until i quit it. (trying to eject the dvd drive still causes it to crash though).

Mull1s

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Update: I have been running prime95 (blend mode) for 6 hours without any errors/crashes.. but if i stop it.. Bam! reboot :(