Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Palit jetstream gtx670/680 2gb

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 2, 2013 10:33:41 AM

Hi,


Is palit jetstream gtx 670/680 are good? My choice really was ASUS gtx 670 DCUII TOP, gigabyte gtx 670 windforce, MSI gtx 670 PE, and the EVGA FTW gtx 670, but all does have no stock in place, again, was rumored the supply was hoarded by a millionaire owner of a PC here in Philippines.


So my possibiity for GTX 670/680 palit jetstream 2gb or the ZOTAC gtx 670 amp edition.


Is palit a good brand? does it runs faster on games? note that the price for the gtx 670 palit jetstream is lower than asus, MSI and EVGA gtx 670 , and palit jetstream gtx 680 equals to the price for ASUS gtx 670 non top, gtx 680 palit jetstream has only more 25 USD price than gigabyte gtx 670 and the MSI gtx 670. I don't know about the ZOTAC prices though. Prices are based on the Philippines.

I do have a budget for gtx 670 asus DCU II non top which is equals to the gtx 680 palit jetstream in prices.

If i do get a palit should I get gtx 670 palit jetstream or their 680? , is it good? does is it run cooler? does it make more noise? how about gaming? Is it good than ZOTAC?


I will play on a single monitor 1080p not will do much overclocking because I will jsut get a factory OC'ed GPU


a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 11:03:30 AM

I can tell you one thing for sure both those cards are going to be extremely good for gaming @ 1080p that will play pretty much everything you throw at it at high to ultra settings.
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 11:12:22 AM

I agree that any of the cards would be great performers. When it comes down to it. I feel you would be better off getting a ASUS card then you would that palit card that is just me. I'll let this do the talking.

Palit has a weird sound to it.


ASUS is it working :p 


Toms doesn't have a MSI one I know big has a power edition if I'm not mistaken. But I did find this. Its going to be more load on startup because they have use tech that has the fans spin backwards on boot to push the dust off the fins.


CUSTOMER SUPPORT: EVGA
COOLING: MSI, GIGABYTE, ASUS
SILENCE: ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI
Share
January 2, 2013 1:08:36 PM

bigshootr8 said:
I agree that any of the cards would be great performers. When it comes down to it. I feel you would be better off getting a ASUS card then you would that palit card that is just me. I'll let this do the talking.

Palit has a weird sound to it.


ASUS is it working :p 


Toms doesn't have a MSI one I know big has a power edition if I'm not mistaken. But I did find this. Its going to be more load on startup because they have use tech that has the fans spin backwards on boot to push the dust off the fins.


CUSTOMER SUPPORT: EVGA
COOLING: MSI, GIGABYTE, ASUS
SILENCE: ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI





damn, jetstream has noice, MSI more like's a jet taking off and ASUS, it's muted? lol, no noise at all at ASUS, too bad, ASUS brands are hoarded and selling it for the price of gtx 680 palit jetsream and that's a non top version.
Score
0
a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 4:41:29 PM

Right but if you are after a TOP card the only real difference is the extra slot requirement really the fans I'm sure are unchanged.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 5:08:39 PM

The Asus Top is the best GTX 670 imo it's different then the non top asus used higher specially binned chip with the top other then that the cooling is the same.
Score
0
a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 5:27:04 PM

Well that and the extra slot you end up using in the process but yea I agree
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 5:57:17 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Well that and the extra slot you end up using in the process but yea I agree
+1 i forgot about that. :lol: 
Score
0
a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 6:57:43 PM

The way I see it the only reason you would want a binned chip is if you were wanting to get a higher overclock out of your card otherwise I would stick to the 2 slot solution less restrictive when it comes down to a SLi configuration. Also, with a TOP card you would need a Maximus/Rampage or other extended atx motherboards to accommodate the 3 slot solution.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 7:01:03 PM

bigshootr8 said:
The way I see it the only reason you would want a binned chip is if you were wanting to get a higher overclock out of your card otherwise I would stick to the 2 slot solution less restrictive when it comes down to a SLi configuration. Also, with a TOP card you would need a Maximus/Rampage or other extended atx motherboards to accommodate the 3 slot solution.
I prefer the Top or MSI PE but i agree with you.Also you could use the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe i have done a build for a friend using it with 2x 670 DirectCU II TOP in sli ;) 
Score
0
a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 7:08:18 PM

Yea I liked the 660Ti power edition I just didn't like the idea unfavorable article Tom's put out true or not it was around the time I bought the card so I've had a bit of caution with there stuff but the card's noise isn't all that bad like I said above the video its mainly on boot. It ramps up if you watch closely it spins the opposite way to push off the dust so you don't have to use canned air as frequently and slows down quite a bit once the computer starts. The way I see it the TOP is the best if you are only after a single GPU configuration otherwise most people can't stomach paying 300 dollars for a extended motherboard.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 2, 2013 7:14:27 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Yea I liked the 660Ti power edition I just didn't like the idea unfavorable article Tom's put out true or not it was around the time I bought the card so I've had a bit of caution with there stuff but the card's noise isn't all that bad like I said above the video its mainly on boot. It ramps up if you watch closely it spins the opposite way to push off the dust so you don't have to use canned air as frequently and slows down quite a bit once the computer starts. The way I see it the TOP is the best if you are only after a single GPU configuration otherwise most people can't stomach paying 300 dollars for a extended motherboard.
Oh i was freaked out by the article at first.Once i talked to msi and they told me it passed strict testing i looked into it futher i realized it's pretty much bs and if it happens i have three year warranty.
Score
0
January 3, 2013 1:33:46 AM

well the price for asus gtx 670 DCu II non top edition = to Palit Gtx 680 2gb jetstream
Score
0
a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 3, 2013 1:38:28 AM

I'd say if it were between those two the ASUS is the clear choice. If you aren't worried about having a cherry picked GPU for overclocking I'd say you were golden there.
Score
0
a c 185 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 3, 2013 1:44:33 AM

I would say if the non top cost as much as a 680 do not buy it get MSI GTX 670 PE or EVGA GTX 670 FTW!Or get GIGABYTE GV-N670OC which ever is cheaper the non top nor the top are worth the 680 pricing.
Score
0
a c 133 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
January 3, 2013 1:52:00 AM

Oh sorry yea just picked up on that yea I would agree if it costs nearly as much as the 680 then I would go for the 670 I have the gigabyte 670 oc I love it however beware it has a long pcb the same size as a 680. I would get the EVGA card if overclocking wasn't a thing you cared about and the MSI cards are pretty formidable as well.
Score
0
January 3, 2013 3:50:13 PM

Best answer selected by hedgehogpie.
Score
0
!