Nokia 6230 Bluetooth and MMC problems

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6230 phone that would not work with Bluetooth. Everytime
I tried to open the file manager it would give me an "Operation could
not be completed" error message.

I had tried everything suggested here, removing/renaming the mmc card
etc etc. So in the end I took it back to the shop and they sent it off
for a firmware update.

Now I have the phone back: My problems are:

1) I still cannot access it with bluetooth. Same problem: "Operation
could not be completed" error message! I'm using Windows XP SP2, Nokia
PC Suite 6.5.12 and a phone with updated firmware... Any ideas whats
wrong?

2) Also now I can't access the mmc card. It keeps asking me to enter
the password. But I never set a password! I don't care about any data
on the card - how do I wipe it clean and get rid of the "password" that
I never set?

Thanks to anyone smarter than me who can help.
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 bluetooth problems

    "Fred" <anon156@mailinator.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Nokia 6230 phone that would not work with Bluetooth. Everytime
    > I tried to open the file manager it would give me an "Operation could
    > not be completed" error message.
    >
    > I had tried everything suggested here, removing/renaming the mmc card
    > etc etc. So in the end I took it back to the shop and they sent it off
    > for a firmware update.
    >
    > Now I have the phone back: My problems are:
    >
    > 1) I still cannot access it with bluetooth. Same problem: "Operation
    > could not be completed" error message! I'm using Windows XP SP2, Nokia
    > PC Suite 6.5.12 and a phone with updated firmware... Any ideas whats
    > wrong?
    >
    > 2) Also now I can't access the mmc card. It keeps asking me to enter
    > the password. But I never set a password! I don't care about any data
    > on the card - how do I wipe it clean and get rid of the "password" that
    > I never set?
    >
    > Thanks to anyone smarter than me who can help.

    Whilst i cannot suggest a cure
    i can empathise as i have problems with 6230
    i have read all there is available to read on the matter of the "contacts
    not ready " message i get every time that i try to set a voice tag.

    I have however read that there was a recall of 6230s at one time and i am
    wondereing if these recalled phones are now being filtered back in to the
    system to alleviate financial losses.

    because at my place of work, out of a batch of ten new phones, 2 have voice
    tags working and the other 8 do not.
    Looks like they will be going back...
    That is unless, i can get some info and get them working.
  2. Hi All

    Has anyone been able to get gnokii working over bluetooth with a nokia 6230.
    I cant get this to work.

Nokia Phones Bluetooth