Nokia 6230 Bluetooth and MMC problems

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 29, 2005 5:49:31 PM

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6230 phone that would not work with Bluetooth. Everytime
I tried to open the file manager it would give me an "Operation could
not be completed" error message.

I had tried everything suggested here, removing/renaming the mmc card
etc etc. So in the end I took it back to the shop and they sent it off
for a firmware update.

Now I have the phone back: My problems are:

1) I still cannot access it with bluetooth. Same problem: "Operation
could not be completed" error message! I'm using Windows XP SP2, Nokia
PC Suite 6.5.12 and a phone with updated firmware... Any ideas whats
wrong?

2) Also now I can't access the mmc card. It keeps asking me to enter
the password. But I never set a password! I don't care about any data
on the card - how do I wipe it clean and get rid of the "password" that
I never set?

Thanks to anyone smarter than me who can help.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:47:35 AM

"Fred" <anon156@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Nokia 6230 phone that would not work with Bluetooth. Everytime
> I tried to open the file manager it would give me an "Operation could
> not be completed" error message.
>
> I had tried everything suggested here, removing/renaming the mmc card
> etc etc. So in the end I took it back to the shop and they sent it off
> for a firmware update.
>
> Now I have the phone back: My problems are:
>
> 1) I still cannot access it with bluetooth. Same problem: "Operation
> could not be completed" error message! I'm using Windows XP SP2, Nokia
> PC Suite 6.5.12 and a phone with updated firmware... Any ideas whats
> wrong?
>
> 2) Also now I can't access the mmc card. It keeps asking me to enter
> the password. But I never set a password! I don't care about any data
> on the card - how do I wipe it clean and get rid of the "password" that
> I never set?
>
> Thanks to anyone smarter than me who can help.

Whilst i cannot suggest a cure
i can empathise as i have problems with 6230
i have read all there is available to read on the matter of the "contacts
not ready " message i get every time that i try to set a voice tag.

I have however read that there was a recall of 6230s at one time and i am
wondereing if these recalled phones are now being filtered back in to the
system to alleviate financial losses.

because at my place of work, out of a batch of ten new phones, 2 have voice
tags working and the other 8 do not.
Looks like they will be going back...
That is unless, i can get some info and get them working.
Anonymous
January 18, 2009 6:31:28 AM

Hi All

Has anyone been able to get gnokii working over bluetooth with a nokia 6230.
I cant get this to work.
!