7950 BIOS boost

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • BIOS
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2013 11:30:30 AM

Hi, I'm going to purchase this specific 7950 tomorrow.
http://www.powercolor.com/Global/products_features.asp?...

I'm curious if the BIOS boost which I read about here, can be applied to that exact 7950 I'm getting.

The reason for this is because there's this fine line that says:
Quote:
that only works for AMD reference designed Radeon HD 7950's

The video card I linked has a custom cooler, but I'm not sure if it's still classified as "reference design".

More about : 7950 bios boost

a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 11:34:31 AM

I wouldn't worry about it much. Just overclock your 7950 if you want some extra performance since that's what the BIOS does anyway. 1100MHz on the core is pretty average for a 7950.
m
l
January 3, 2013 10:53:49 AM

Thanks for that. Though I was planning to do the BIOS boost then overclock since from my understanding, the stock clock will be the updated one.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 10:58:37 AM

Even with the newer BIOS they reach the have the same overclock potential anyway. That's why it's fairly pointless to flash your card unless you are really not comfortable with manual overclocking (which is less than 5 mins settings and 20-60mins of stability testing)
m
l
January 8, 2013 2:24:47 AM

Alright, thanks!

I'm honestly uncomfortable with it since I don't know much about it, but I'm willing to give it a try. I see MSI Afterburner being used most of the time, do you have any other suggestions?(not that I don't like Afterburner, just curious)
m
l
January 8, 2013 4:06:53 AM

Use MSI afterburner, it'll give you many feature. I just use msi afterburner to overclock my graphic card, never try others..
m
l
!