System Lockup

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible. I just moved my system over to a new box last week, a Thermaltake New Soprano, and been having some problems since. I've had several lock ups since then. Total lock, no blue screen or error message. It's happened when watching a video, when surfing the net on Chrome, and again while idle. Yesterday I reloaded my OS, and redid all my settings, updated every driver to the latest, and everything was running great for about 24 hours now, and just now it did it again. I'm stumped. I've checked all my connections inside the case and out, my ventilation is good, I've got CPU and GPU meter running and there are no abnormal temps, I've dropped the overclock on my CPU, I'm not sure what else to try. I didn't have this problem till I changed cases though.... so something had to change during that process cuz the thing was running fine since my last upgrade months ago. Only thing I did differently was take the time to route my cables behind the motherboard and make everything neat and tidy, that is the only thing. The cables had to kinda cram back there when I but that side of the case back on, but I don't see how that would be causing me problems like this. Any help or trouble shooting tips would be appreciated guys, thanks.

Here's my specs:

CPU: i5 2500K usually @ 4.5, but down to 4.0 now at 1.2v
Cooler: CM 212 plus w/ arctic silver 5 and 2 Corsair Quiet SP 120s push pull
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: 16GB G.Skill 2133
GPU: MSI GTX 560ti 1GB
PSU: OCZ 600w 80 plus cert
Storage: 1 - Crucial M4 128GB SSD, 1 - 1TB Seagate Barricuda, and 1 - 3TB Seagate Barricuda

bdiddytampa

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I ran diagnostics on all three drives, and they came back fine... I had the box sitting on the carpet, which didn't leave much room for the intakes on the bottom, so I've propped it up on a couple of books to increase the airflow from the bottom into the power supply, would a suffocated PSU cause that kind of crash? IDK, we'll see if that works. Thanks for the input though. If anyone else has any ideas let me know.