Sign in with
Your question
Closed

EVGA gtx 680 trade-in question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays

Best solution

January 2, 2013 3:54:27 PM

Newegg doesn't and EVGA would most likely not as well. You can try contacting EVGA customer service and asking then if they have a trade in program but I wouldn't expect them to offer anything. As far as refund, nobody is going to basically let you just change your mind 8 months later and give you your money back.
January 2, 2013 3:57:43 PM

ibjeepr said:
Newegg doesn't and EVGA would most likely not as well. You can try contacting EVGA customer service and asking then if they have a trade in program but I wouldn't expect them to offer anything. As far as refund, nobody is going to basically let you just change your mind 8 months later and give you your money back.
Yea kinda figured i have the fan curve to be 10% higher than the temp and the gpu maxes out at 65-68c and at 70% fan speed the thing is a leaf blower
Score
Related resources
January 2, 2013 4:44:17 PM

To be honest I haven't heard a gpu fan that isn't a leaf blower at 70%. They all seem to be pretty loud starting at about 60% in my opinion. A quieter case is your best bet there or liquid cooling.
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 5:47:33 PM

If you are facing fan noise problem...you might just get an after market gpu cooker or better still move on to custom water cooling.

nobody is going to refund after 8 months any way.
you might try to get a trade in rebate from evga,see if that works but I don't think will...still no harm in giving it a try :) 
Score
January 2, 2013 10:57:27 PM

alright well im looking into aftermarket coolers and this one caught my eye http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... but if someone has a air cooler that's better than this crappy reference design that's less then $100 let me know. Keep in mind I've never installed a gpu cooler so simple would be nice.
Score
January 3, 2013 12:44:38 PM

Best answer selected by FattyPatty.
Score
!