nutcase88

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Hi all,

I am trying to get a new rig up, planning on getting an

i5 3570k - MOBO still undecided between ASUS and Gigabyte, any inputs? (Just asking, not the main concern of this thread)

So ive been comparing GTX650TI against a HD7850

Asus GTX650Ti DC II 1GB DDR5
Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5 OC Edition

Both are around the same cost in my country.

People have been saying the Nvidia card is well, not worth the money and that the 7850 is better.

Any inputs on this?

Im looking for something to play Starcraft 2, not really intensive gaming like COD or MOH or Crysis etc. but SC2 is somewhat a killer too with 8 people in a game and all (Can you imagine 8 zerg FFA?)

Also looking for something that wont heat up too much, any one have any experiences on either cards??

Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Basically to break it down:

7770< 650 Ti <7850 < GTX 660 < 7870 < GTX 660 Ti = 7950< 670<7970<680<7970GHz

So take that into consideration along with price.
Which motherboards are you considering i will tell you which is better even though i am a asus fanboy i will keep it under control though lol.The - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H is a solid choice.

Ever since Intel’s introduction of the Z77 chipset, motherboard giant Gigabyte has made huge leaps in in improvements on their motherboards all the way from the budget end to the extreme high end and the Z77X-D3H is a perfect example of what kind of top quality products can be achieved.

With support for PCIe 3.0, SATA 3 6Gb/s, 8 channel integrated audio, Gigabyte’s fully digital power delivery system, and ultra durable 4 features, it’s got a lot going for it.