Installing drivers from USB?

Embossa

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Im on my first system build, so excuse me! I've decided not to install an optical drive, I've created a bootable windows 8 USB stick and getting close to finishing the hardware installation. I've suddenly realised that all my motherboard, graphics card drivers, utilities etc are on DVD, what would be the best option in your opinion?- rip the data from DVD onto memory stick, or get windows 8 running and maybe use the Gigabyte (GA-Z77X-UP5-TH) website to download the relevant data? Any help and input appreciated.

Embossa

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks, I was a bit unsure wether I could do that, being a first time builder, but your answer helps. Thx

It's possible that you might get into the "chicken and egg" scenario. In that you have to install drivers for the ethernet ports before you can get to the internet. How large is your flash drive? you could just copy all of the DVD to the flash, and use that to get the basic drivers needed. :(

Good Luck!

EDIT: !@#$%^& typos! :cry:

Embossa

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013

Hi, I'm determined not to install an optical drive but suppose I could borrow one for the installation if need be.. I do have a working laptop which I suppose could be used to install the drivers via USB stick. But yeah it is typical chicken and egg! Thx again pal.