JPEG image with wrong dimension

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 23, 2005 10:50:56 AM

Hi all,
here a challenge for who wants help me..
I have a jpg pic of 700 KB..
When I open it I see the image with 160x120 pixels
PhotoPaint tell me the image is 56 KB sized (!)
What is wrong ?
Where is the image with 1920x1440 pixels ??

Thank you in advance
Bye
Alberto
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 8:11:08 PM

Alberto wrote:
> Hi all,
> here a challenge for who wants help me..
> I have a jpg pic of 700 KB..
> When I open it I see the image with 160x120 pixels
> PhotoPaint tell me the image is 56 KB sized (!)
> What is wrong ?
> Where is the image with 1920x1440 pixels ??
>
> Thank you in advance
> Bye
> Alberto

Alberto,

This isn't really the most appropriate group for your question.

56K is the memory size required to hold a picture 160 x 120 pixels x
24-bit colour (57600 bytes). This is the typical size of the thumbnail in
a JPEG image, so either you are choosing to view the thumbnail, or the
main part of the JPEG is corrupt and PP is doing the best it can. Try
opening the image in IrfanView instead.

David
!