Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Gaming PC Configuration

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 19, 2013 12:13:37 PM

Hi All,

I planning to build a gaming rig........below is the configuration:

Need you inputs.

Cabinet : HAF 912
Processor : AMD FX 8350
Motherboard : MSI 990FX-GD65
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) x2
Internal Hard Drive : WD Caviar Green 2 TB (WD20EARX)
SMPS : Corsair Gaming SeriesGS700 - 700 W
Cabinet Cooler : Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2
Processor Cooler : Corsair Hydro H60
Graphic Card : MSI AMD R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5
KeyBoard & Mouse : Logitech Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Writer : LG / Samsung


Awaiting to hear from you.

Sudheer Suri

More about : gaming configuration

February 19, 2013 12:21:30 PM

sudheer_suri said:
Hi All,

I planning to build a gaming rig........below is the configuration:

Need you inputs.

Cabinet : HAF 912
Processor : AMD FX 8350
Motherboard : MSI 990FX-GD65
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) x2
Internal Hard Drive : WD Caviar Green 2 TB (WD20EARX)
SMPS : Corsair Gaming SeriesGS700 - 700 W
Cabinet Cooler : Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2
Processor Cooler : Corsair Hydro H60
Graphic Card : MSI AMD R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5
KeyBoard & Mouse : Logitech Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Writer : LG / Samsung


Awaiting to hear from you.

Sudheer Suri


Some minor improvements over this build

- For motherboard get Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 or if you don't plan to Crossfire Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3. I would pick the second one to save some money!

- Get atleast 1866MHz RAM. Newegg has 8GB Gskill for around 45$

- For PSU you can save some money with either 520 or 550W. Again Newegg has 520W Seasonic 80+ Bronze for 60$

- I would go with a value heatsink rather than watercooling

- You can save some more money by choosing FX 8320 it's the same chip

- Case is not my personal favorite there are better options but that's up to you

-With the saved money I would step forward to a 7870 Tahity LE which is only 3% less powerful than a 7950 and also I would add an SSD
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 12:29:30 PM

michxymi said:
Some minor improvements over this build

- For motherboard get Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 or if you don't plan to Crossfire Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3. I would pick the second one to save some money!

- Get atleast 1866MHz RAM. Newegg has 8GB Gskill for around 45$

- For PSU you can save some money with either 520 or 550W. Again Newegg has 520W Seasonic 80+ Bronze for 60$

- I would go with a value heatsink rather than watercooling

- You can save some more money by choosing FX 8320 it's the same chip

- Case is not my personal favorite there are better options but that's up to you

-With the saved money I would step forward to a 7870 Tahity LE which is only 3% less powerful than a 7950 and also I would add an SSD





Could you please suggest me with a value Heatsink ?????
m
0
l
Related resources
February 19, 2013 12:29:39 PM

michxymi said:
Some minor improvements over this build

- For motherboard get Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3 or if you don't plan to Crossfire Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3. I would pick the second one to save some money!

- Get atleast 1866MHz RAM. Newegg has 8GB Gskill for around 45$

- For PSU you can save some money with either 520 or 550W. Again Newegg has 520W Seasonic 80+ Bronze for 60$

- I would go with a value heatsink rather than watercooling

- You can save some more money by choosing FX 8320 it's the same chip

- Case is not my personal favorite there are better options but that's up to you

-With the saved money I would step forward to a 7870 Tahity LE which is only 3% less powerful than a 7950 and also I would add an SSD





Could you please suggest me with a value Heatsink ?????
m
0
l

Best solution

February 19, 2013 12:58:05 PM

sudheer_suri said:
Could you please suggest me with a value Heatsink ?????


If you plan to overclock and don't care about Crossfire/SLI

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want both overclocking and Crossfire/SLI

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A good, more value option for overclocking and Crossfire/SLI

ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

80+ Bronze high quality PSU from Seasonic. Good for single GPU and an overclocked CPU

SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

An alternative

XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In case you need something more powerful for Crossfire/SLI

CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two heatsinks I would choose

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler with Stealth Aerospace Industry Thermal conductive ceramic coating ALL intel AMD IVY BRIDGE compatible

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory I would choose

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the saved money go for SSD and 7870 tahity le

Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAPPHIRE 100354XTL Radeon HD 7870 XT w/Boost 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Share
February 19, 2013 1:52:07 PM

michxymi said:
If you plan to overclock and don't care about Crossfire/SLI

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want both overclocking and Crossfire/SLI

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A good, more value option for overclocking and Crossfire/SLI

ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

80+ Bronze high quality PSU from Seasonic. Good for single GPU and an overclocked CPU

SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

An alternative

XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In case you need something more powerful for Crossfire/SLI

CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two heatsinks I would choose

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler with Stealth Aerospace Industry Thermal conductive ceramic coating ALL intel AMD IVY BRIDGE compatible

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory I would choose

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the saved money go for SSD and 7870 tahity le

Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAPPHIRE 100354XTL Radeon HD 7870 XT w/Boost 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Thanks for your response......i will try to check !!!!!
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 1:52:49 PM

michxymi said:
If you plan to overclock and don't care about Crossfire/SLI

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want both overclocking and Crossfire/SLI

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A good, more value option for overclocking and Crossfire/SLI

ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

80+ Bronze high quality PSU from Seasonic. Good for single GPU and an overclocked CPU

SeaSonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

An alternative

XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

In case you need something more powerful for Crossfire/SLI

CORSAIR CX600M 600W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two heatsinks I would choose

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

XIGMATEK Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler with Stealth Aerospace Industry Thermal conductive ceramic coating ALL intel AMD IVY BRIDGE compatible

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory I would choose

G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-8GAB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the saved money go for SSD and 7870 tahity le

Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (Stand-Alone Drive)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

SAPPHIRE 100354XTL Radeon HD 7870 XT w/Boost 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



Thanks for your response......i will try to check !!!!!
m
0
l
a c 276 4 Gaming
February 19, 2013 5:13:43 PM

sudheer_suri said:
Hi All,

I planning to build a gaming rig........below is the configuration:

Need you inputs.

Cabinet : HAF 912
Processor : AMD FX 8350
Motherboard : MSI 990FX-GD65
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) x2
Internal Hard Drive : WD Caviar Green 2 TB (WD20EARX)
SMPS : Corsair Gaming SeriesGS700 - 700 W
Cabinet Cooler : Cooler Master Silent FAN 120 SI2
Processor Cooler : Corsair Hydro H60
Graphic Card : MSI AMD R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5
KeyBoard & Mouse : Logitech Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Writer : LG / Samsung


Awaiting to hear from you.

Sudheer Suri


If you're going to spend that much money on a gaming rig there's absolutely no reason to go with AMD. That green hard drive will also be a major bottleneck in your system. What is your budget? I could suggest a better system if I knew that.
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 5:32:42 PM

My budget is 60k INR .
m
0
l
a c 276 4 Gaming
February 19, 2013 7:36:39 PM

sudheer_suri said:
My budget is 60k INR .


I went a little bit over budget but this will be a far better system than anything mentioned so far. On your budget there's no reason to go AMD.:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400R - ₹ 5025.00
PSU: Seasonic S12 II 620W - ₹ 4945.00
Motherboard: Asrock H77 Pro 4 / MVP - ₹ 6460.00
CPU: 3.3GHz Intel Core i5-3470 - ₹ 11465.00
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws-X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Desktop Ram - ₹ 4345.00
HD: 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Blue - ₹ 3590.00
Optical: Lite On DVD Burner - ₹ 1070.00
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 - ₹ 24715.00

Total: ₹ 61575.00 (USD $1,136.15)
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 8:00:04 PM

I am basically an AMD fan......The main reason for choosing AMD is that it has got good generation compatibility than compared with Intel


as per my configuration the prices are below in SHWETHA COMPUTER, PARKLANE :

HAF 912 : 4300
AMD FX 8350 : 11600
MSI 990FX-GD65 : 8100
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9) x2 : 3200
WD Caviar Green 2 TB (WD20EARX) : 5650
Corsair Gaming SeriesGS700 - 700 W : 5000
Cooler Master 2LED & 2 Normal 120MM Fans : 1150
Corsair Hydro H60 : 4300
MSI AMD R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC 2 GB GDDR5 : 15500
Logitech Keyboard & Mouse : 700
LG / Samsung : 900
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total 60500
m
0
l
a c 276 4 Gaming
February 19, 2013 8:13:25 PM

sudheer_suri said:
I am basically an AMD fan......The main reason for choosing AMD is that it has got good generation compatibility than compared with Intel


But even the fastest AMD CPU is slower than the slowest Intel CPU. I can post some benchmarks that back up my point if you want.

On your original build - that green hard drive will still bottleneck your system, you will need a 7200 RPM drive.
m
0
l
February 19, 2013 9:11:30 PM

g-unit1111 said:
But even the fastest AMD CPU is slower than the slowest Intel CPU. I can post some benchmarks that back up my point if you want.

That is not true and inaccurate.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/699?vs=677

It also depends on the use case. The slowest Intel CPU is what? Celeron? Atom?
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 6:37:15 AM

The Benchmarks software which you are talking about are designed for the Intel CPU's, But in the real world of Gaming AMD does really well.

Check this video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc


As per my knowledge the bottleneck happens only when the CPU is unable to handle the graphic card.........ex: core2duo / dual core cpu with EVGA GTX 670.
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 9:27:23 AM

sudheer_suri said:
The Benchmarks software which you are talking about are designed for the Intel CPU's, But in the real world of Gaming AMD does really well.

Check this video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc


As per my knowledge the bottleneck happens only when the CPU is unable to handle the graphic card.........ex: core2duo / dual core cpu with EVGA GTX 670.


Let's see how bad AMD FX are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE
m
0
l
February 20, 2013 3:02:19 PM

As per the video..........tek syndicate is recomending it !!!!!
m
0
l
February 21, 2013 7:14:58 AM

Best answer selected by sudheer_suri.
m
0
l
!