reccy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2007
Hey Guys and Gals, long time since i checked this webby out. Hope everyone had a good Xmas and New Year.

Right, looking for some clarification on a matter which to be honest, has left me disappointed.

My Spec:

I7-930 @ 3800mhz
6gb ram @ 1603mhz
Gigabyte Windforce 2x 660ti & a Asus GTX 470 as a physx card.
XFX 850w PSU

I will add, that i cannot get the GTX470 into PCI-E slot 3, so it is on slot 2, and there is only a couple of cm's between the back of the GTX and the fans of the 660ti. The temps at the highest on the 660ti were 85'o c.

Now, ive just benchmarked Batman Arkham City (In-game benchmark, and all the settings as high as possible, even physx) and i got quite a bit of lag through the benchmark, my average FPS was 41, highest 65, and lowest 3.

If it played like in the benchmark through the game, it would be unplayable.

I was hoping it would sail through the benchmark without any lag at all, and to spend £200 on a new GPU for the above, im slightly down hearted.

I haven’t got time tonight to try different options (like take the GTX470 out and just use the 660ti with the same settings), as im going out in a bit, but was hoping someone would give me a bit of advice and maybe suggest something to improve this, without spending money. (as i haven’t got any left after xmas lol :)

Cheers

There is a good youtube video that shows using an older card as physx and a new one is actually slower than just letting the new one do the graphics and physx. Try removing the older card and try again. Basically the older card is so slow, that it slows down the whole system and becomes your bottleneck.

admbautista

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Seconded on this one. I've seen it too, I think it is by linus. So yes, try removing the older card and hopefully you'll be satisfied.