Dual monitor with home theater question

negative0007

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Hello everyone, Happy New Year!

I am running a dual monitor setup, one primary display and the 2nd as a security camera display.

Hopefully you can see my system specs in my sig.

My 4670 outputs into my Pioneer receiver with HDMI for the primary, and the camera display is DVI straight out to the monitor, not through the receiver.

When I'm done watching TV or using my computer, and I turn off the receiver, my 2nd display also turns off.

If I want to be able to see the output from my security camera, I have to leave the receiver on 24/7, which is wasting energy.

I can't find any settings anywhere (CCC, Windows, etc.) that will keep my 2nd monitor running with the receiver turned off.

I know you guys can figure this out, and I'd greatly appreciate your help.

(I'm posting a pic of my setup so you guys have a general idea of what I'm yapping about).

TIA!

xpc8ed.jpg

negative0007

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Ok, I've given this some thought, and I'm confused about a few things.

Since my primary monitor is the 73, and it runs through the receiver, it would make sense that it would turn off if the receiver was turned off.

But my secondary monitor gets it's input directly from the video card (DVI), without passing through the receiver.

My secondary monitor SHOULDN'T EVEN KNOW if the receiver is on or not.

This has to be a Windows or Catalyst setting.

I can't believe that the solution is to put my task bar on a 19" monitor 8 feet away from me and use my big monitor right in front of me without a task bar.

I just don't accept that answer.

I've drawn this out to simplify my setup:

rkwksp.jpg