Battle Chess 1 and 2 Compatibility Problem

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I recently brought a copy of
Battle Chess 1 and 2. The problem is, is that no matter what compatibility
mode i try and run it in it won't work. I keep getting an error message about
ms-dos. If any body knows how i can fix it or get it to work please help.

Thank-you for your time

Turtle Girl
3 answers Last reply
More about battle chess compatibility problem

    Hi Turtle Girl,

    If this isn't the solution, could you type out the error message please?

    Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:

    1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *

    2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)

    * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Turtle Girl" <Turtle Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA9A605-88DF-419A-8836-EB5A500582ED@microsoft.com...
    | Hi,
    |
    | I was wondering if someone could help me. I recently brought a copy of
    | Battle Chess 1 and 2. The problem is, is that no matter what compatibility
    | mode i try and run it in it won't work. I keep getting an error message about
    | ms-dos. If any body knows how i can fix it or get it to work please help.
    |
    | Thank-you for your time
    |
    | Turtle Girl

    Hi Jimmy S,

    Thank-you so much for your help. It worked really well.

    Bye Turtle Girl

    "Jimmy S." wrote:

    > Hi Turtle Girl,
    >
    > If this isn't the solution, could you type out the error message please?
    >
    > Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
    >
    > If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:
    >
    > 1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    > Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *
    >
    > 2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    > Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    > (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)
    >

    > * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    > right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    > option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    >
    > "Turtle Girl" <Turtle Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA9A605-88DF-419A-8836-EB5A500582ED@microsoft.com...
    > | Hi,
    > |
    > | I was wondering if someone could help me. I recently brought a copy of
    > | Battle Chess 1 and 2. The problem is, is that no matter what compatibility
    > | mode i try and run it in it won't work. I keep getting an error message about
    > | ms-dos. If any body knows how i can fix it or get it to work please help.
    > |
    > | Thank-you for your time
    > |
    > | Turtle Girl

    Glad that helped! :-)

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Turtle Girl" <TurtleGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E54AA6F-4270-4EC1-BEDC-1E8D21D7EBD4@microsoft.com...
    | Hi Jimmy S,
    |
    | Thank-you so much for your help. It worked really well.
    |
    | Bye Turtle Girl
    |
    | "Jimmy S." wrote:
    |
    | > Hi Turtle Girl,
    | >
    | > If this isn't the solution, could you type out the error message please?
    | >
    | > Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    | > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit
    | >
    | > If that doesn't correct the issue, try this manual method:
    | >
    | > 1. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\repair
    | > Right-Click and Copy the file named: autoexec.nt *
    | >
    | > 2. Browse to C:\WINDOWS\System32
    | > Right-Click in that window to Paste the file
    | > (Answer yes if prompted to replace existing file)
    | >

    | > * Note: If the file autoexec.nt doesn't exist on your system
    | > right click the link below and select the "Save Target As.."
    | > option to save the file in C:\WINDOWS\System32
    | > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/AUTOEXEC.NT
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >

    | > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
    | > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    | > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
    | >
    | > "Turtle Girl" <Turtle Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > | Hi,
    | > |
    | > | I was wondering if someone could help me. I recently brought a copy of
    | > | Battle Chess 1 and 2. The problem is, is that no matter what compatibility
    | > | mode i try and run it in it won't work. I keep getting an error message about
    | > | ms-dos. If any body knows how i can fix it or get it to work please help.
    | > |
    | > | Thank-you for your time
    | > |
    | > | Turtle Girl