Is the HD 7770ghz a bottleneck to my 3570k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknowngama

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I was wondering if my 7770 is a bottleneck to my i5 3570k because I read that the 3570k is a gaming powerhouse and the 7770 is a mid range GPU. But when I'm playing my games, the CPU usage is like 30%. I dont know if that is good or not but I really want to know. Please help.

Solution
yes its a bottleneck, as said it can be used with high end graphics cards. But if your happy with performance, then there is no problem. Having a bottleneck isnt a boad thing if things are performing well. It just means you can upgrade your gpu later, knowing that you will get a performance increase as your cpu has plenty of grunt to feed it.

vtcramennoodle

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Bottlenecking normally goes the other way around and in your case it isn't slowing down your cpu at all. And unless you have the money already it is not worth upgrading you video card, however if you need suggestions on a new card just ask and I can help you out.

Your 3570K is loafing.
It can drive a very much stronger graphics configuration.

If you are pleased with your FPS and eye candy, you need to nothing.
If you want better fps or more eye candy, or higher resolutions, then a graphics card upgrade is in order.

yes its a bottleneck, as said it can be used with high end graphics cards. But if your happy with performance, then there is no problem. Having a bottleneck isnt a boad thing if things are performing well. It just means you can upgrade your gpu later, knowing that you will get a performance increase as your cpu has plenty of grunt to feed it.

Solution

Unknowngama

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Thanks! By the way I'm not really looking to get a new gpu any time soon, but if you can just give me a little splash about which one is the best right now for around 150-250. Anyways, thanks and have a Happy New Year!

az4521

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
just crossfire 2 hd7770's together, it'll remove the bottleneck, but ive heard it does pretty good anyway. (my next build will have the core i5 3570k oc'd to 4.5ghz, and the XFX Radeon HD 7770 Core ED graphics card :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.