Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Graphics cards question [Need answer]

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 19, 2013 3:53:16 PM

So i ordered a cyberpowerpc last week, and it was taking them forever to process. So i called and they said they were waiting on my graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB, and that it would be another week. And lemme tell ya, im very impatient. So would it be a mistake to downgrade to the 7850 and get it in three days? Is the week worth it?
Here are the specs if your curious:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 3.40 GHz
MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
a c 140 U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 5:25:39 PM

Good things are worth waiting for. If they have a GTX660 that would give you a shorter wait, it might be worth switching. Otherwise, just wait it out. Patience is a virtue. People are so impatient these days. Immediate gratification is ruining our youth.(small rant there)
a b U Graphics card
February 19, 2013 5:57:53 PM

Yes patience is a virtue. I wouldn't downgrade just for a few days of gaming. I would get the better card no matter what even if it means waiting longer.

If you can't wait maybe switch for a different model of 7870 maybe? I mean by that, can they get one from a different maker? MSI, Asus, EVGA, etc... Or maybe switch to a GTX 660-Ti?

Also, have you thought about upgrading instead? If they have it in stock, have you considered a 7950 or 670 maybe?
Related resources
February 20, 2013 2:18:09 PM

MC_K7 said:
Yes patience is a virtue. I wouldn't downgrade just for a few days of gaming. I would get the better card no matter what even if it means waiting longer.

If you can't wait maybe switch for a different model of 7870 maybe? I mean by that, can they get one from a different maker? MSI, Asus, EVGA, etc... Or maybe switch to a GTX 660-Ti?

Also, have you thought about upgrading instead? If they have it in stock, have you considered a 7950 or 670 maybe?

All the upgrades are like a hundred dollars more. I supose ill just wait :kaola: 
February 20, 2013 2:51:16 PM

MC_K7 said:
Yes patience is a virtue. I wouldn't downgrade just for a few days of gaming. I would get the better card no matter what even if it means waiting longer.

If you can't wait maybe switch for a different model of 7870 maybe? I mean by that, can they get one from a different maker? MSI, Asus, EVGA, etc... Or maybe switch to a GTX 660-Ti?

Also, have you thought about upgrading instead? If they have it in stock, have you considered a 7950 or 670 maybe?

Actually, i did my own research, and the 660 ti is much better than the 7870 for only 30 dollars more. However i have to wait about the same amount of time for this one than the 7870.
!