Pc monitor works great on pc but terrible on xbox 360 in HD

sean46mx

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
hi there.

i recently brought a new asus HD pc monitor. which cost me around $220. it is amazing on my pc, but i cannot get it to work great with my xbox. im connecting my xbox via the official pc scart to vga 1920x1080 lead which is recomended for pc monitors. i know some xbox games arnt true to life hd like pc games, but this is a dreadful display. ive tried using HDMI lead to the xbox but this was even worse. the writing is very distroted as if you had the contrast up too high. and the graphics arnt sharp. its like its in 1640x990. the setting on monitor set to gaming, which is for the xbox, is visibly the best.

i really need help ive tried so much, what am i doing wrong??
i must stress this monitor is AMAZING on my pc with nvidea gtx 660 2gb.

any help would be much appreciated. :pt1cable:

calumconroy

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Don't want to seem like i am trolling, but Xbox games only run at 720p although the console can output at 1080p, and the graphics are nowhere near as good as on pc, even on low - medium pc settings.
All i could suggest to maybe fix it (if it is a technological error) is to try a different monitor and a different cable, if that doesnt work then it's the xbox's shitty graphics.

Skippy27

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Use HDMI, set the xBox to 1080. Use the Auto button on your monitor for it to work all the kinks out.

If that does not work out, try a different HDMI cable and/or different HDMI port on the monitor.

There is absolutely no reason it should not come in very sharp and crisp with an HDMI cable and everything set to HD (1080) on a computer monitor.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Bro you not trolling but when playing 1080p on pc then looking at xbox consoles look a hot mess. Alot of people assume to believe xbox outputs full 1080p which is not true even tho i think xbox looks a bit better playing on a 1080p monitor instead of a hdtv its not full native 1080p. I honestly sold my console after seeing skyrim on pc all the works..That pretty much sealed the deal for me