Disabling Vsync

amore555

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Hi guys, bit of a weird question here.

I have a Radeon HD 6870 GPU, which due to an issue with drivers not working properly on my system, (Detailed here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/375892-15-running-choppy ) I do not have the Catalyst Control Suite.

My graphics card works fine, but as I am unable use CCC I am unable to edit global video settings.

I recently purchased the game Hacker Evolution Duality, and am having visual issues with it. The Games maker said I need to disable V sync for this game, however there is no option to do that in the game, and obviously, without CCC I am unable to do this as a global setting.

So what I am after is anyway to either disable/enable my Vsync globally, without using CCC, or find a way to make this particular game run without Vsync.

Many thanks, and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

amore555

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Yeah I've tried that a few times, it just makes my whole computer choppy and unresponsive. I am upgrading to windows 8 in the next month or so which I hope will resolve the issues, but for the time being I'm looking for a quick fix

amore555

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
CCC comes with the latest drivers, which when installed cause my GPU to run incredibly choppy, and prevent games from running