Disabling Vsync

Hi guys, bit of a weird question here.

I have a Radeon HD 6870 GPU, which due to an issue with drivers not working properly on my system, (Detailed here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/375892-15-running-choppy ) I do not have the Catalyst Control Suite.

My graphics card works fine, but as I am unable use CCC I am unable to edit global video settings.

I recently purchased the game Hacker Evolution Duality, and am having visual issues with it. The Games maker said I need to disable V sync for this game, however there is no option to do that in the game, and obviously, without CCC I am unable to do this as a global setting.

So what I am after is anyway to either disable/enable my Vsync globally, without using CCC, or find a way to make this particular game run without Vsync.

Many thanks, and apologies if this is in the wrong section.
8 answers Last reply
More about disabling vsync
  1. can you try to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them?
  2. Yeah I've tried that a few times, it just makes my whole computer choppy and unresponsive. I am upgrading to windows 8 in the next month or so which I hope will resolve the issues, but for the time being I'm looking for a quick fix
  3. If you dont mind, why cant you install CCC?
  4. CCC comes with the latest drivers, which when installed cause my GPU to run incredibly choppy, and prevent games from running
  5. Download and install something like ATI tray tools that should give you access to V-Sync

Mactronix :)
  6. I'm gonna give that a try, thanks Mactronix :)
  7. or radeon pro, that allows you to force vsync and tripplebuffering.
  8. Cheers guys, got ATI tray tools, solved the issue, spot on, thankyou all :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics