Sign in with
Your question

Disabling Vsync

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2013 8:58:03 PM

Hi guys, bit of a weird question here.

I have a Radeon HD 6870 GPU, which due to an issue with drivers not working properly on my system, (Detailed here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/375892-15-running-c... ) I do not have the Catalyst Control Suite.

My graphics card works fine, but as I am unable use CCC I am unable to edit global video settings.

I recently purchased the game Hacker Evolution Duality, and am having visual issues with it. The Games maker said I need to disable V sync for this game, however there is no option to do that in the game, and obviously, without CCC I am unable to do this as a global setting.

So what I am after is anyway to either disable/enable my Vsync globally, without using CCC, or find a way to make this particular game run without Vsync.

Many thanks, and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

More about : disabling vsync

a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 9:08:40 PM

can you try to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them?
January 2, 2013 9:12:16 PM

Yeah I've tried that a few times, it just makes my whole computer choppy and unresponsive. I am upgrading to windows 8 in the next month or so which I hope will resolve the issues, but for the time being I'm looking for a quick fix
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 9:42:13 PM

If you dont mind, why cant you install CCC?
January 2, 2013 9:47:20 PM

CCC comes with the latest drivers, which when installed cause my GPU to run incredibly choppy, and prevent games from running
a c 130 U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 9:48:13 PM

Download and install something like ATI tray tools that should give you access to V-Sync

Mactronix :) 
January 2, 2013 9:49:29 PM

I'm gonna give that a try, thanks Mactronix :) 
a c 172 U Graphics card
January 2, 2013 9:55:34 PM

or radeon pro, that allows you to force vsync and tripplebuffering.
January 2, 2013 11:05:00 PM

Cheers guys, got ATI tray tools, solved the issue, spot on, thankyou all :) 
!