GTX 660TI Three Way monitor problem

d0ughb0ii

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Having an issue with my 660 TI on a three way setup using a panasonic 42" plasma via HDMI, 26" Asus via DVI-I, and a 22" Acer via DVI-D. All of which are at different resolutions. The tv fails when switched to different output, and does not turn back on until you restart the computer or unplug and replug back in the hdmi cable. Have already tried to reinstall drivers, used old and new drivers tried several times. Have tried switching out the hdmi cable to rule out a short in the cable. Also tired different ports on the tv itself to check for a short in the port itself. There is a video link below that give it in a bit more detail. Thanks for the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4wpIWt7Nwo&feature=youtu.be

+1 i would also add if this is for hardcore gaming you should buy another 660 ti because a three monitor setup is going to be a joke with a single 660 ti :(

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Actually the display port isnt correct, I'm running 3 monitors as well on 2 DVI and 1 HDMI. And about the 3 monitor gaming being a joke that is incorrect as well. I tried surround on bf3 and a couple other games and they ran fine. The third monitor I have it hooked up to is a 1080p 40" TV that I enable when I want to watch movies. But as for your problem I havent had any problems with that. Have you tried a fresh install of the nvidia drivers ?

Hmm, must be a eyefinity requirement then. What big is saying is that you experience a pretty significant frame drop when you hit multi monitor setups. So something like a 660Ti wouldn't probably have the horses to drive ultra in BF3 as you say you play fine with.

d0ughb0ii

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I am not running surround they are setup as three individual monitors the Asus is the central primary monitor which i game on the others are used for other random stuff while gaming so my primary gaming resolution is 1920x1080

abCasPeRR

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
It's not incorrect it's my opinion i have try it before you cannot run games on max settings with three monitor set up maybe high 30fps but that's about it.

Ok I respect that, but if you re-read what you posted you made it sound like you were stating a fact instead of an opinion.

d0ughb0ii

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I only game on the one Asus monitor they are extended already. You are completely confused about the whole problem in general. They are working fine for what I need them to work for and how i have them setup. The issue is that the tv when i change its output to something else both monitors blink for a second and then the tv will not be recognized in the software. I have also already done several fresh installs of drivers

Well I'll explain what happens for me if I start my computer without my monitor I don't get a display I have to have my computer turned off and it connected then before so it is possible that when you are switching inputs its not accepting the tv as the 3rd input. I take it as well that you switch inputs to watch tv or something and you want to move back when you want to have the 3 screen setup?

d0ughb0ii

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
bigshootr8 yeah i switch back and forth between watching tv and using my third monitor. The problem happens when i change inputs it works the stops when i swicth. I have to restart my computer or unplug and replug the hdmi cable into the 660 ti

Yea that is exactly what happens to me. It's an annoyance but what can you do? One way you could go at it is use a media tuner and use windows media player shrugs! I do that at home I have a ceton cable card pci express card and a cable card from verizon and I use windows media extenders through the house namely xbox 360's. Which now that I think about it may be a better solution for you you can use your computer hard drives as a DVR you can get rid of your cable box so you you don't have to pay for that just the cable card which should be cheap like 12 bucks a month or something like that course you have the upstart of the pci express card which is a little pricey but maybe that will work better for you. You recur the costs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815706001

As a note you wouldn't need extenders unless you wanted to only use 1 cable box to extend and share in different rooms. I'll explain

1 have 1 main computer with the cable card connected.

The family room has a xbox 360 where I can watch and view recorded shows.

In the guest room I have a xbox 360 as well we are both able to watch different channels and also pull from the same recorded library off the cable card computer.

HOWEVER.... If you are using just the cable card computer you could watch Cable TV on your computer through windows media player essentially what I'm saying. And chances are I won't assume you are using a DVR which costs money per month well take that money keep it in your wallet and you make it back with a cable card.

I love it.As with anything it's personal preferences, personal experiences, imo there is a huge difference even if you don't get 120hz constantly as everything just feels smoother. Many people will deny this as they either have never experience it, and are talking out of their ass, or have never played a true twitch based fps game. Also, if you ever decide to go for 3D vision, you will be set; its an added perk! ;) Benefits of 120Hz:

1. Details are more crisp, smoothly rendered, and lifelike.
2. More Responsive If you're looking for the best 3D monitor that will also play great in 2D, then you should choose between the BenQ XL2420T and the ASUS VG278H. Both incorporate nVidia's 3D Vision 2 with 3D LightBoost which greatly improves the overall 3D experience.

While the BenQ doesn't disappoint as far as specifications with a 2ms response time, 120Hz refresh rate, low input lag, and a great picture, The XL2420T comes with a lot of other features built-in to this monitor specifically for gamers including FPS Mode, RTS Mode, Intuitive OSD, S. Switch;Height Adjustment, and Game Mode Loader.

If you just want this monitor for the 2D technology, then you might want to consider its predecessor, XL2410T, which is significantly cheaper and has many of the same features as the XL2420T, but has nVidia 3D Vision rather than 3D Vision 2.

That guy is a little weirdo imo but he knows what's hes talking about to a certain extent :) I always figured he was gay but i guess hes married to a female so i assumed wrong not that it matters anyways to each his/her own.

d0ughb0ii

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
bigshoot, So what your saying is a way AROUND the problem is to buy a pci tv tuner and hook my cable line directly into my pc and stream that way. Correct? Any ideas on how I might fix the current problem, instead of dropping more money on a tv tuner?