Is this a good $700 build?

Deno01

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
I am looking to build a new system. The system will be used only for games such as wizard101, pirate101, facebook apps, netflix, and browsing the internet. (a youtube search might help to give more information about my graphic needs) The system will cost $700 with windows 7 64 bit OS. This will be my first build so I have some questions.

I will most-likely be using a 20" 1600X900 monitor. I prefer Newegg, Tigerdirect, and Amazon for purchasing components.

1) Are the components I have chosen compatible?

2) Is this about the best I could do and still be within $700?

3) Should the system be good for those games for some time? I dont know when I can upgrade again.

4) After all my hardware is installed into the case, should it be as simple as plugging the system into an outlet, and installing the OS?

5) Is the USB 3.0 header, on my motherboard, only a cable that is used to connect the USB ports to the motherboard? I have considered a case that does not have front USB ports.

6) My older Dell has a 4 port USB 2.0 card (i guess that is what it is called) in the front of it. Could I connect that to my motherboard and place it in one of my expansion slots on my system? I realize 2.0 is old news now, but it has worked well for me so far, and my thoughts are" why buy it if I already have it."

Could someone point me into the direction of a good but cheap internal multi-media card reader? Prefer something with USB slots if I can't use the card from my older dell system.

Could someone point me into the direction of some good quality 120mm fans with yellow, or green LEDs. (I prefer yellow) I know my system doesn't need additional fans. This would simply be for my visual purposes.

I know the case does not have cable management, but that isnt a concern to me. I can always use zip ties or something if it becomes an issue to me.

I already have mouse, keyboard, and optical drives that I am going to use.

List of components:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Eyv9

Thanks in advance for looking and any information given.

Deno01

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
The game files will be stored onto my system. This means they will have to load every time I go to play. The system requirements for Video Card: "Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent" That will run the lowest settings for the game. It is obvious that a better graphics card will make for better game play. Is it possible that I would benefit more from getting a cheaper graphics card, removing the HDD, and using the combined money to get a SSD?

The Intel X25-M 160Gb SATA II is $89.99 after mail in rebate. I know it is an older SSD, but I am thinking I would still benefit from it. Or could I possibly benefit from spending the extra $30 and getting the SSD instead of the 500 Gb HDD I have chosen and keeping the video card?

I have an 80Gb HDD right now that I do not come close to filling, and if nothing else I could simply add the 80Gb HDD to the system.

Deno01

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Thank you Outlander. I will continue to look through the cases. So far the issue I have seen with the cases that have the front USB, and in my price range, kind of look like an eye sore to me. That is why I was asking about using the USB card from my older dell in an expansion port. and Also considering even a media card reader.

Deno01

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Thank you Sudheer_suri for the information. The main reason I was considing the SSD is because all the information for the games that I will be playing will be stored onto the drive. (I think at the moment it will be under 5Gb per game since the system requirements are 5Gb for each game.) I was thinking that a SSD would cut the loading time down when going back and forth between areas, which is very common with the games.

My favorite of the $50 cases with front USB3 is the Antec One gamer
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1434/pg1/antec-one-case-review-introduction.html

Not stocked by newegg

Deno01

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Thanks again, I will check it out. I don't ever plan on needing anything more then stock cpu cooler, but with this being my first build the narrow case might be a little more challenging. I have a playstation 3 that I use for most of my gaming.