Solved

What graphics cards are compatible with my P.C

Power SUpply :win power sl-8460btx
Motherboard :G31M-ES2L rev 2.0
Processor :INTEL CORE 2 DUO E7500 2.93GHz
4gb Ram and 1Tb HDD
Current graphics card: geforce 9400gt 1gb
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what graphics cards compatible
  1. By the look of it its a pci-express 1.0 board. So either 1.0 cards or 2.0 cards, also there is also the possibility maybe 3.0 cards however different motherboards react to cards differently. Also, I can't speak to how reliable your power supply is so I can't recommend anything that would use a pci-e power connection.
  2. globularity said:
    Power SUpply :win power sl-8460btx
    Motherboard :G31M-ES2L rev 2.0
    Processor :INTEL CORE 2 DUO E7500 2.93GHz
    4gb Ram and 1Tb HDD
    Current graphics card: geforce 9400gt 1gb


    I am thinking of spending around £120 but would also like to see what I could get of £250 or £500
  3. Best answer
    Well my advice would be upgrade your power supply firstly. A XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, or even a decent Antec should do the trick. Then I would buy a mid range card meaning the 2nd number of the card

    650, 650Ti, 7770 being the extend of what I would recommend based on your CPU as core 2 duo's are 4+ years old now.
  4. bigshootr8 said:
    Well my advice would be upgrade your power supply firstly. A XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, or even a decent Antec should do the trick. Then I would buy a mid range card meaning the 2nd number of the card

    650, 650Ti, 7770 being the extend of what I would recommend based on your CPU as core 2 duo's are 4+ years old now.


    How many watts should I go for for the power supply
  5. Well I would say a 550W being the minimum and a good 650 being about where you should be for a single card setup.
  6. bigshootr8 said:
    Well I would say a 550W being the minimum and a good 650 being about where you should be for a single card setup.


    Thanks very much for your replies, would these 2 be okay

    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/amdradeongraphicscards/amdhd7770series/XFX/FX-777A-ZDF4.html#utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/powersupplies/nov-psg600.html

    I like novatech
  7. Best answer selected by globularity.
  8. How many watts should I go for for the power supply
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Compatibility Graphics