I keep geting this "beep sound" from my tower!

G

HI! I was having problems with my Computer/internet so i decided to do a diagnostic restart with my cpu (windows XP). After this everything was running smoothly, besides the fact that I had no sound, and when ever sound was supposed to happen, i would hear a beep from my tower. When i go to "volume control" it says that i have no active mixer devices availible. I restarted my cpu in normal startup mode, and the same problem occurs. I also re-installed my "sound blaster live!" and still the problem occurs. Please help me!

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The only thing I can suggest is to go to Creative and get the latest drivers and install them. Or perform a PCB stress test with a Stanley 51-848 28oz., checkered face, hatchet handle hammer. Ladies and gentlemen... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's FatBurger!

What?

FatBurger

Illustrious
Just about. I believe Black_Cat is talking about my intent to perform "stress tests" on my old Seismic Edge card, i.e. destroy it completely.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>