Thoughts on possible new Photoshop build

After successfully having a go at building my own PC last year, I've decided I want to take it further and put some serious effort into creating something special - rather than just choosing pieces to get the PC built.

I want the PC mainly for Photoshop and Lightroom use but I am including my trusty 560 Ti from my old build which I've had for a while which is more than capable of my casual gaming needs.

These are the full specs I have chosen:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 (Intel CPUs are expensive and I think this would be appropriate for my needs)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB at 1600MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (mainly for 6Gb/s read/write)
HDDs: Crucial CT256M4SSD2 256GB (For boot, programs and Photoshop scratch - I don't have many programs), Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB (For photo storage)
GPU: Asus 560 Ti DIRECTCU II @ 920Hz (Already own, not included in cost)
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CXM 750W Modular (To replace my 600w gamer series with a modular one for tidiness. Will 750w support the system?)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 - White (I have the design core 3000 for my current build, love the Fractals but looking for the sound reduction and wire management!)
Additional: TP-Link TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI (Currently using USB dongle and would prefer something more internal)

Whole thing will cost around £698.58 with all pieces coming from Amazon (minus cost of graphics card because I already own it)

What are your thoughts community? I'd like to keep it under £1000 so any changes you'd personally make within that budget are welcome.
1 answer Last reply
More about thoughts photoshop build
  1. Noob12 said:
    This memory is cheap now. But i do not know if you can buy it from Amazon?
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f31866c9d8gab

Take two 120mm fans to Define. Scythe Gentle Typhoons are fine. 1150-1450rpm models.
    They move air good even when they are in silent mode. You have fan controllet in Fractal R4 case. So use it to make fans run slower. maybe a one more botton or left side in case. To make your video card run cooler. Then you can manage that fan run silent with msi afterburner. PSU is fine. Both.

Thanks for your reply, that RAM looks far better to the ones I had originally chosen so I've added them to my list. Do you think it's worth swapping out my perfectly fine PSU just for the sake of a modular system? I'd like the case to be tidy, but I guess I won't see it very often.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Photoshop Systems Product