Sign in with
Your question

Fan noise and no display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2013 11:11:54 PM

Hello,
I recently purchased a EVGA GTX 660 Ti, but misread the number of pins needed and was one short. So I bought a new power supply because Ive been needing a new one for a while. I took out my old AMD 7450 and installed the 660 but i just got a blank screen. I thought I must have forgotten to uninstall the old driver so I put the AMD back in. When I did this the rear fan and CPU heatsink fan started to spin at full throttle. Ive cleaned out all dust and grime and all the capacitors seem to be ok. I have no idea what is going on. Please help!

More about : fan noise display

January 3, 2013 1:36:58 AM

yes i have checked the graphics card and nothing was removed from the computer when it was on
m
l
a c 200 U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 1:37:21 AM

make sure you plugged back in the 4/8 pin connector on the mb. with the new power supply make sure you used the right cables. the video power cables on new power supply are 6 pins with two pin hanging..there called 6+2 connectors. most mb pci power connector are two 4 pin cables or one large 8 pin cable.
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2013 1:46:52 AM

i dont think its that because the computer was booting before i put the new graphic card in
m
l
January 3, 2013 1:53:11 AM

I am not so much concerned with the gc as with the fans spinning at full speed
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 5:00:50 AM

Remove cmos battery , reinsert gpu (may be loose connection).
if u get bios ok, then problem continues reinsert rams.
m
l
!