[HELP] Monitor shuts off whenever game is launched system still runs.

So this has been going on for a week or so now, and I have no clue what the problem is. Whenever I try to launch a game like battlefield 3 for example my monitor "loses signal" right as I join into the match. I've tried to dust my system out and even lay a fan next to it in case it was over heating but none of this works. I've noticed that right before my monitor shuts off i hear a lot of fast paced clicking sounds coming from what I think is the graphics card and then when my monitor shuts off my systems fans spin faster or everything just gets louder. I use to be able to play battlefield on High with no problem but now I cant even play it. I played limbo and everything worked fine although their was that clicking noise but nothing shut off. Please help.

I have a nvidia geforce 560ti if that helps at all. Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about help monitor shuts game launched system runs
  1. Update drivers
  2. Could be a problem with the fan on the graphics card. Look for a wire that may have gotten accidentally caught inside.
    And if you haven't already, update the drivers.
  3. my drivers are updated. no wires in the card.
  4. its weird, tell us your full system spec. and psu make and model.
  5. Update OS .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
    Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.
  6. Simu said:
    its weird, tell us your full system spec. and psu make and model.

AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor 3.50gHz
    Installed memory 8gb
    System type Windows 7 64bit
    APEVIA ATX-AS680W-BL 680W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Power Supply
  7. hytecgowthaman said:
    Update OS .Automatically detect and install latest best driver and fix all issues.
    Full Scan system with "SUPERANTISPYWARE" Freeware.

I ran the complete scan. It didn't fix my problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield Games Monitors Graphics