Solved

GTX 670 Screen Flicker and other issues

Hello,

I recently purchased an Evga GTX 670 FTW LE card and installed it a couple days ago. It's a great card, but there is a constant screen flicker that occurs about 90% of the time regardless of what I'm doing, whether it be web browsing or playing a game. It's not the worst thing in the world, but I didn't pay near $400 dollars to get a card that does this. I read other forums about this same issue, but they don't ever seem to be as severe as mine. I've read that it's a driver issue, but I'm not so sure as I only see this issue with other "FTW" cards. Right now I'm kinda on the fence whether or not I should return it and get something cheaper(this card does create a small bottleneck). I'm also having weird usage when I play games. Maybe it's because the card is very powerful, but in BF3@Ultra preset, the card only goes around 80% usage.

In short, though, if the screen flicker issue is solvable, then I won't worry about returning the card.

Thanks
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about screen flicker issues
  1. Monitor specs? And what are your GPU temps stable and during games?
  2. Best answer
    The usage in BF3 is fine and it's probably because nvidia implements power saving feaure into their cards to save power.

I would RMA because it doesn't seems like everybody gets constant flickering. Maybe get a different model than FTW? Update your drivers to the latest version first though
  3. Turn Nvidia Vertical Sync on.
    Is it 80% memory usage?
    Check temperatures and if it's trapped inside a desk (with one of those tower slots) take it out, because those tend to raise temperatures by as much as 10C
  4. i8myhippo said:
    Monitor specs? And what are your GPU temps stable and during games?

I currently am playing at 1600x900, but when I go back for my spring semester I'll go to a 1280x1024(using my dad's monitor right now). The temps seem to be pretty stable. At full load, they stay around low 70s.

Also, I haven't tried my new setup with my old monitor(1280x1024) yet.
  5. EzioAs said:
    The usage in BF3 is fine and it's probably because nvidia implements power saving feaure into their cards to save power.

I would RMA because it doesn't seems like everybody gets constant flickering. Maybe get a different model than FTW? Update your drivers to the latest version first though

The drivers are the latest. I downloaded them from nvidia website two days ago.

I do think that I'm going to return this card. I think it's a little overkill for my setup anyways. Oh well :(
  6. Well, I've decided to return the card. I think I'll use the money instead to switch over to an Intel build.
  7. What do you mean switch over to intel build?
  8. I was going to eventually go intel (mobo+cpu) and rebuild my computer anyways. Now seems like a good time to do it.
  9. Oh, good luck with that. ;)

If you're done with this thread at the moment, don't forget to choose the best answer so that the forum moderators can close it. If you have further questions later, create a new thread
  10. Best answer selected by jthill909.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Graphics