Sign in with
Your question

How is this for My build

Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2013 10:34:42 PM

My Build for my First Pc to be fully built by me, Will be using it for casual gaming and general shiz.

MB - Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard
PSU - Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W
Case - Aerocool Strike-X Advance Mid
Ram - Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance
GPU - Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX660 2GB DDR5
CPU - i5 3750

other than this i was just going to take my optical drive and harddrive from my other pc and put it in my new one.

Thisis my first build not quite sure what im doing sort of need some guidance and compatibility advice.

if i bought these parts now it would cost me £590 pounds i can spend abit more but .. what do you think and Help please !

More about : build

February 19, 2013 10:39:49 PM

2 x GTX 660 = roughly 1.3 GTX 680.
3 x GTX 660 = roughly 2.1 GTX 680.

The build looks fine but in the future you might want to buy at least one more 660 for better performance. Also, buy an SSD sometime down the road. They're pricey but they really are worth it. The prices on them are falling pretty quick too - for example OCZ was the first to launch a PCIe 1TB SSD and it retailed for $2700. The price has already dropped to less than half that. In a few months they'll be as cheap as HDD's are now.
February 19, 2013 10:42:11 PM

Is this case big enough and do all the parts work ok together then ?
Related resources
February 19, 2013 10:47:25 PM

It should be but I can't be entirely certain. As a rule of thumb I'll never buy a case online because I'm never going to be 100% sure if everything will fit inside. You're better off ordering all the parts and building a pseudo PC without a case, measuring it, then going to a local retailer with those measurements. Might look a little funny examining cases in the store with your tape measure, but it would be the smart thing to do. :p 
February 19, 2013 10:49:36 PM

i could always just buy a massive case and whack it all in and then it would be better for temperature circumstances with air flow ?
February 19, 2013 10:53:16 PM

That would work as well - InWin makes some nice full size cases. Lots of fans and mostly made of mesh for added air throughput. Pretty colored lights too.
!