Will my computer support the Radeon 7850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
It will support the card but the issue is the power supply. I don't trust that and would rather have it replaced with a 450-550W psu from seasonic, corsair or antec

Lukedawesome

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

It has done great so far.

And the card is PCIe 3.0, but my mothetboard is PCIe 2.0, the card will still work right?

EzioAs

Distinguished
Yes it will work. PCIe is backwards and forward compatible

It probably runs great before because you've never taxed it before. I doubt that power supply could get anywhere near 500W (maybe 300W at best). Once you add your video card, you'll face more issues that aren't worth it

There always seems to be a decent sub-$30 deal on either Antec or Corsair PS's. Why take a chance on a no-namer just to save a couple bucks? A power supply is the number 1 part you shouldn't cheap out on

JJ1217

Honorable

I think you said that wrong. A power supply is the number one thing you SHOULDN'T cheap out on.

JJ1217

Honorable
BTW, a CX430 or a CX500 both are good power supplies and should run a 7850 with ease. As long as it has 30+ amps on the 12V rail, and its a respectable brand, its fine. A CX500 would definitely give you a bit more room for overclocking.

Lukedawesome

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Whats better, the antec VP450, or the corsair CX430?

JJ1217

Honorable

I don't like Antec PSU's for the fact that most of them use two rails, you have to be careful that you don't overload one rail. It also only has 18 amps on each rail, which is something I don't like.

The CX 430 is essentially the VP450, except having a single 32 amp rail. Its really your choice, I just don't like dual rail PSU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.