Would a gt610 make a good dedicated physX card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helgast kitty

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I currently have gtx670, and a corei5 3570k. In borderlands, when i have physics from low to high my FPS goes from 70-80 to 40-50. Would this card be able to help me out? Or is there a better choice out there?

Solution
you can look cards like GT650. to be honest i think the second slot is better use for SLI. with 2 670 you will br able to handle more demanding games that will come inxthe future. also with such raw performance you don't need dedicated PhysX to play game with gpu accelerated PhysX in the future. but since you don't want to fork put anothet 300 for 670 then just look cheaper card fir physx. no nedf powerful card such as 580 for that purpose alone.

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
I recommend a GTS 450 GDDR5... I got one for $60 off ebay (my current GPU). I plan to use as a dedicated PPU later after I'm fully upgraded. People will say other wise, but so far the GTS 450 has done the best with benchmarking compared to other cards. I don't know why that is. Maybe the other cards were Overkill.

you can look cards like GT650. to be honest i think the second slot is better use for SLI. with 2 670 you will br able to handle more demanding games that will come inxthe future. also with such raw performance you don't need dedicated PhysX to play game with gpu accelerated PhysX in the future. but since you don't want to fork put anothet 300 for 670 then just look cheaper card fir physx. no nedf powerful card such as 580 for that purpose alone.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.