Can't run 16-bit Windows program insufficient memory to ru..

I am trying t o install a game on my Windows XP system and when I insert the
CD and click insttall I get the following error message:
'Can't run 16-bit Windows program insufficient memory to run this
application. Quit one or more Wiindows applications and try again.'
I definately have enough memory to install the game. Any ideas what could be
causing this?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows program insufficient memory

    CONFIG.NT and/or AUTOEXEC.NT may be missing or corrupt. Copy the one in
    \windows\repair to \windows\system32 and try again.

    "PBaysinger" <PBaysinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying t o install a game on my Windows XP system and when I insert
    >the
    > CD and click insttall I get the following error message:
    > 'Can't run 16-bit Windows program insufficient memory to run this
    > application. Quit one or more Wiindows applications and try again.'
    > I definately have enough memory to install the game. Any ideas what could
    > be
    > causing this?

    PBaysinger fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    What if there is nothing in \windows\repair to\windows\system32?

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > CONFIG.NT and/or AUTOEXEC.NT may be missing or corrupt. Copy the one in
    > \windows\repair to \windows\system32 and try again.
    >
    > "PBaysinger" <PBaysinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying t o install a game on my Windows XP system and when I insert
    > >the
    > > CD and click insttall I get the following error message:
    > > 'Can't run 16-bit Windows program insufficient memory to run this
    > > application. Quit one or more Wiindows applications and try again.'
    > > I definately have enough memory to install the game. Any ideas what could
    > > be
    > > causing this?

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

    Hi Dave,

    Here's an easy method to solve that error:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_m.htm#16bit

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "PastorDave" <PastorDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0F35A9B-D676-4C56-89CD-5CD68556E841@microsoft.com...
    | What if there is nothing in \windows\repair to\windows\system32?
    |
    | "Jerry" wrote:
    |
    | > CONFIG.NT and/or AUTOEXEC.NT may be missing or corrupt. Copy the one in
    | > \windows\repair to \windows\system32 and try again.
    | >
    | > "PBaysinger" <PBaysinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > >I am trying t o install a game on my Windows XP system and when I insert
    | > >the
    | > > CD and click insttall I get the following error message:
    | > > 'Can't run 16-bit Windows program insufficient memory to run this
    | > > application. Quit one or more Wiindows applications and try again.'
    | > > I definately have enough memory to install the game. Any ideas what could
    | > > be
    | > > causing this?

Games Microsoft Memory Windows XP