Sign in with
Your question

How would you make my build better?

Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2013 2:11:01 AM

So ive been trying to get my finalized build down, but that's been pretty hard to do so far.Right now, I'm set on one of these two builds.I want to hear some of you guys' opinions on these builds, and what you would change to make it better, without changing the cpu though, as I'm set on that.Anything else is fair, budget should stay similar too.I only listed the main components in these lists.

The pc itself will be used for 3d animation, modeling, rendering, Unity, and UDK game engines, and last but not least, gaming.

Build 1
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EFzq

Build 2
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EG7c

These are pretty much identical, the only difference being the gpu. I'm debating on whether its best to go with 3x 2gb 660ti's or 2x4gb 670. I'd like to hear which/why one is the one to go with.

Update* forgot yo mention, I prefer websites like newegg.com and amazon.I have a Microcenter near me as well. But I'd reallly consider anything if its a better deal.

More about : make build

February 20, 2013 2:19:43 AM

Raidmax is CRAP. Get a PSU from Antec, XFX, Corsair, Seasonic.
m
l
February 20, 2013 2:37:54 AM

Its got so many good reviews tho, but I am new to this, and this site as well.I'm confident you guys would know better.I just wonder now if all those stars for reviews are legit, and what they're based on and stuff.I'm speakin about the ratings on pcpartpicker.com.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2013 2:42:40 AM

People using it for one day and it working. Its total crap. It won't make half its stated wattage.

Get one from Antec, XFX, Corsair, Seasonic.
m
l
February 20, 2013 3:01:14 AM

Gotcha ,thanks
m
l
February 20, 2013 3:02:50 AM

No problem. Wouldn't want to see your entire rig get taken out by a bad PSU.
m
l
February 20, 2013 3:10:35 AM

tiny voices said:
Raidmax is CRAP. Get a PSU from Antec, XFX, Corsair, Seasonic.

I have to completely agree. Also go with a PSU from well known brand, such as Antec, XFX, Seasonic or Corsair. You don't want to cheap out on a PSU, then it craps out and takes all your other components with it.
m
l
February 21, 2013 12:38:20 PM

So when the psu fails, its not just that part that messes up? It can damage everything else? Man, now you guys got me all paranoid lol. How do I then make sure that never happens? And are there warramties that cover that? Lets sau that did happen, who is responsible for covering the other components? (Assuming it was a hardware failure, or am I just straight out of luck?)
Per you guys' advice, I will be getting a psu from those brands Now,are there certain models to avoid, should I worry about the rating much? (Bronze, silver, gold, etc.)or are they all pretty much good to choose from?
Any specific ones you guys recommend.
m
l
February 21, 2013 8:18:36 PM

xsageonex said:
So when the psu fails, its not just that part that messes up? It can damage everything else? Man, now you guys got me all paranoid lol. How do I then make sure that never happens? And are there warramties that cover that? Lets sau that did happen, who is responsible for covering the other components? (Assuming it was a hardware failure, or am I just straight out of luck?)
Per you guys' advice, I will be getting a psu from those brands Now,are there certain models to avoid, should I worry about the rating much? (Bronze, silver, gold, etc.)or are they all pretty much good to choose from?
Any specific ones you guys recommend.

Yes a failing PSU can damage all the components. It has happened to me before. You are responsible for the components it destroys. If you buy a good quality PSU chances are it will never fail and you won't have anything to worry about.

Good brands include XFX, Seasonic, Antec, Corsair.
m
l
February 21, 2013 9:37:33 PM

I didn't know that, thanks for the advice.
m
l
February 21, 2013 9:45:00 PM

Off topic, but how do you quote someone like that and reply to it?
m
l
!