Solved

Help building my 1st PC

So I'm building my first PC and this is what I've got based off another user's suggestion.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CCBy

I want to know if the case is compatible with the motherboard, graphics card, and power supply, just basically if everything will fit inside and work properly. I think I'm also getting a different CPU cooler and was wondering if I should upgrade my power supply for the card I'm using(GTX 660)? Any advice would be great. Thanks
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help building
  1. Best answer
    Everything looks good. Get this PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

    You do not need a CPU cooler because you can't overclock the CPU. The stock cooler will be perfectly fine.
  2. tiny voices said:
    Everything looks good. Get this PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9

    You do not need a CPU cooler because you can't overclock the CPU. The stock cooler will be perfectly fine.

    Cool, thanks for the help man. I was flipping out that after I ordered everything the parts wouldn't fit in and it'll be good to save a few bucks by not buying a CPU cooler. The added wattage will also ensure a well running system. Thanks
  3. if you are going to game, i think its good to invest in at least something like this

    should run fairly quiet for a budget cooler
    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-cpu-cooler-rcxzaio92


    dont matter about overclock. you put your CPU under load, it will get hot, lower temps result in your cpu handling everything better :D
  4. That cooler is crap and isn't needed. The stock cooler is more than sufficient to cool the CPU at stock speeds.
  5. gussrtk said:
    if you are going to game, i think its good to invest in at least something like this

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/zalman-cpu-cooler-cnps5xperforma


    dont matter about overclock. you put your CPU under load, it will get hot, lower temps result in your cpu handling everything better :D


    I guess I will get a CPU cooler just to be safe, thanks for the tip. I'm just so tired of console gaming and am loving the idea of a gaming PC.
  6. If you want to get a cooler, get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

    Its the best air cooler for under $50 by FAR.

    Still, it isn't needed.
  7. soldier17live said:
    I guess I will get a CPU cooler just to be safe, thanks for the tip. I'm just so tired of console gaming and am loving the idea of a gaming PC.


    i didnt say you cant run with stock cpu. i said that it would be better with a better cooler.
  8. gussrtk said:
    i didnt say you cant run with stock cpu. i said that it would be better with a better cooler.


    Maybe I'll just stick to the stock CPU for now, but I'm upgrading the PSU. Also do you think I can run graphic intensive games like crysis 3 on this rig?
  9. Get the PSU I listed.

    This rig will run most games on high settings without problems.
  10. tiny voices said:
    Get the PSU I listed.

    This rig will run most games on high settings without problems.


    That sounds good to me, thanks for all the help.
  11. tiny voices said:
    If you want to get a cooler, get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

    Its the best air cooler for under $50 by FAR.

    Still, it isn't needed.


    you should understand that what im saying is basically this; on idle it will run maybe 5degress lower (Celsius), and under load we can maybe see around 10degress decrease.

    now for 15$ I think it's worth it. Ive had a computer with a stock cooler, under intense games it would crash cuz of the CPU temps.

    but for what it is. A 15$ ~ low noise (for price) and Cooler temps. not better?


    still up to him to buy it or not

    btw i listed this one, cuz before i clicked on wrong one

    http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-cpu-cooler-rcxzaio92
  12. Anytime! Always Glad to help!
  13. Best answer selected by Soldier17live.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Power Supplies Systems Product