Sign in with
Your question

How to use TV Tuner Card Hauppauge DVB-T/PAL

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2013 5:37:11 AM

I purchased a system "HP Pavilion Elite m9398d" as it was a used machine so i didn't get any Manual/drivers/software CD.
The system has a TV Tuner card installed on it,

TV-Tuner : Hauppauge DVB-T/PAL

I want to use it, connect the cable to the card and view TV channels on my system but i don't have any idea how to do this and what software to use. :( 

Please help.

Below is the link for system details,
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...
January 3, 2013 5:50:26 AM

download driver for the tuner dont worry about software as such, hook your aerial up and watch tv through windows media centre
m
l
January 3, 2013 8:24:03 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I couldn't find TV Tuner driver for Win7. There are drivers for Windows Vista on HP site.
I have downloaded the Vista driver and will install soon on that system and will check.

m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2013 8:43:17 AM

mzaf said:
Thanks for the reply.
I couldn't find TV Tuner driver for Win7. There are drivers for Windows Vista on HP site.
I have downloaded the Vista driver and will install soon on that system and will check.

vista drivers usually work for win 7 just make sure you get the right version 32bit or 64bit depending on your os
you can also always go to the Hauppauge website to get drivers too
m
l
January 3, 2013 8:51:47 AM

When you install window7 in your pc then there is no need of installing any driver.
m
l
January 3, 2013 9:17:03 AM

dailybargainshop said:
When you install window7 in your pc then there is no need of installing any driver.

garbage there are plenty of drivers win 7 dont do i can tell you right now my divico dual hd tv tuner doesnt come up, i have an azuentech soundcard in another computer that doesnt come up, and i have some of my p67 motherboard bits that arent found by windows 7 too. must have pretty limited experience with parts to not have had win 7 not find a driver
m
l
January 10, 2013 5:05:40 AM

I am still couldn't find the solution. I tried to install driver downloaded from Hauppauge support web site but it was giving error that its incompatible.

m
l
a b x TV
January 10, 2013 9:49:26 AM

The link I provided was to the Hauppauge UK site. If you're located elsewhere in Europe, you may need to find that site.

-Wolf sends
m
l
April 9, 2013 6:19:11 AM

i had same problem but the solution was to use driver identifier, a free app that finds drivers on it's database, based on the hardware ID. Especialy for this tv card and win7 32bit , from the selection of drivers, choose the ones that are 5mb size about.
also, driver identifier asks you to give a name and an email, give them, then select "free, i will pay with better price" you get free 1 day access.

good luck
m
l
!