Sapphire Ati radeon hd5450

G

Hello guys i have intel G31 motherboar i want to know that can my motherboard support ddr3 graphic card..
My specs are:- pentium dual core e5300 2.6GHz
2GB ram
250GB hdd
intel G31 express chipset
280 watt vip smps
i am planning to buy sapphire ati radeon hd5450 2GB ddr3 if my motherboard support it can my smps handle the graphic card?

auntarie

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
The motherboard has a PCI-e x16 slot so you're good to go. The power supply should cover the 5450. Also, just a bit of advice- don't get the 2GB version. It's a weak card and there is just no point in having that much memory on it because it most likely will not be able to utilize it.

bucknutty

Distinguished
It will work on your g31 board no problem. Just pop the cover and make sure you have a pci-e slot. The type of ram on the video card does not effect its compatibility with the motherboard becuase it is controlled by the GPU. The mother board just sees video card, it does not care what type of gpu or ram it has.

Your much better off with the AMD HD6450. It costs like $5-10 more uses like 35% less electricity and it is like %50 faster.

assassin1234

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
i once ran a hd 6670 1 gb ddr3 graphics card from a g31 motherboard so it should be ok to run this card i think the hd 5450 has a tdp of less than 24w so this power supply
should be able to run this card

G

@Ashish my budget is 3K nd if i go for hd6450 i have to change my smps also which will increase my budget as 1 of my frnd tld me dat hd6450 will not work on ur smps nd ur motherboard and my +12V rating is 240 watt
@bucknutty:- i wanna play modern games it will not work kya as my frnd also have it nd he is able to play all sort of games on low settings or even some on high setting...
Nd all oder guys thnxx for helpin me..!!

G

Thnxx buddy i will buy hd6450 only will it be able to play games nd it will not harm my motherboard or smps na..??
Nd shuld i buy it from flipkart or some store.??

G

Hmmm
thnxx buddy for your help dude i have dual core processore in which the temp of core 1 is very high as compare to core 2 what should i do to reduce temp.
For eg:- temp of core 1 is 60 nd temp of core 2 is 45..!!

G

Dude my budget is only 3K if i go for 7750 then i need to buy new psu as my psu is nly 280 watt..
Can ny1 suggest me some oder card of 3K which can handle my psu...!!

mohit9206

Distinguished
actually 7750 can run pretty well on a 280 watt psu as it is an amazingly efficient card.
but then your budget is too low for a real gaming card. i onced owned a 5450 and it was bad. i mean the performance is too low even at lowest settings in modern games.
if you want to play modern games at even medium settings at 720p the minumum is radeon 6670 ddr3.
so i suggest you save up an extra 2k for the 6670 rather than wasting your money on a 6450

G

Nd dude powercolor hd5570 cost is 3400 sapphire model is more costly then the powercolor nd powercolor reviews are also not good