Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do you make your Ivy Bridge integrated graphic work?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Intel i7
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 3, 2013 12:21:26 PM

I just got a i7-3770K that doesn't even post. Screen is just black.
All the screen is telling me is "there is no signl coming from the computer".
Also, keyboard and mice do not light up... it looks all dead.
Thanks if you can help

More about : make ivy bridge integrated graphic work

a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 12:24:58 PM

Check the I/O on the back. If nothing lights up and the monitor isn't getting a signal, then you either have 3 faulty cables (highly unlikely) or a faulty I/O.
a c 182 U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 12:26:27 PM

Tell your whole specs and also mobo should be updated to latest bios to support ivy bridge.
Related resources
January 3, 2013 12:30:16 PM

auntarie said:
Check the I/O on the back. If nothing lights up and the monitor isn't getting a signal, then you either have 3 faulty cables (highly unlikely) or a faulty I/O.

What shoud be lighting at the back exactly? I don't get that..
January 3, 2013 12:38:12 PM

ASHISH65 said:
Tell your whole specs and also mobo should be updated to latest bios to support ivy bridge.

Motherboard is a Asrock miniAtx Z77, 8gb corsair memory, a 250GB ssd drive. And that's it.
What im thinking the faulty piece may be the power supply that has no 8pin ATX 12V.. so i did not conncet anything to that. Could that be the problem? I thouth that was only a concern for the cpu itself...but sice the graphic is integrated in the cpu it could be.
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 12:40:41 PM

Quote:
What shoud be lighting at the back exactly? I don't get that..


The mouse and keyboard should be lighting up.

I meant that you should check the backplate where you plug all your stuff in. Make sure there aren't any bent pins or dust or anything that may interfere with the signal.
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 12:54:38 PM

benjamin81 said:
Motherboard is a Asrock miniAtx Z77, 8gb corsair memory, a 250GB ssd drive. And that's it.
What im thinking the faulty piece may be the power supply that has no 8pin ATX 12V.. so i did not conncet anything to that. Could that be the problem? I thouth that was only a concern for the cpu itself...but sice the graphic is integrated in the cpu it could be.


Yeah you kinda need to connect the CPU power, some are only four tho, and I'm not really sure on this, but the IB intels are pretty low on power draw so as long as you don't OC four should be ok, does your PSU at least have a four pin connector?
January 3, 2013 12:57:34 PM

Any fans spinning? (CPU or PSU) ?

I had a similar problem recently (my second build). No fans turning - appeared completely dead. Turns our the Mobo was grounding on one of the 9 stand off's from the case.

Removed the problem standoff (found problem standoff by trial and error. Kinda painful, but it worked) - 8 of nine now installed - systems works great!

I did an external build (see youtube "newegg computer build part 2") prior to putting mobo in case -so i knew it worked and posted. This might be another area to try.

Good Luck !!
January 3, 2013 1:02:43 PM

Ok thanks guys this is solved.
I had to connect the 12V conncetor which i didn't before because my power supply doesn't have the 8 pin connector but i used the 4 pin and it worked.
a c 88 U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 2:04:34 PM

benjamin81 said:
Ok thanks guys this is solved.
I had to connect the 12V conncetor which i didn't before because my power supply doesn't have the 8 pin connector but i used the 4 pin and it worked.

yeah that cable supplys the cpu with power so it is kind of important one. :pt1cable: 
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 3:01:57 PM

benjamin81 said:
Ok thanks guys this is solved.
I had to connect the 12V conncetor which i didn't before because my power supply doesn't have the 8 pin connector but i used the 4 pin and it worked.



Great! Glad we could help :-) Good luck with your new stuff!
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 3:04:16 PM

but just so you know, I noticed you have an unlocked CPU, if you do plan on overclocking, you will most likely need a PSU with the full 8-pin connector for max stability, that is my understanding :-)
!