80sogre

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hi,
hope somebody here can help.
whether i'm watching video or playing COH, i get this thing where about 5 minutes in my screen goes black and the sound skips several times before silence. i had this problem earlier and on hard restart had error messages saying Nvidia graphics driver failure. around this time my operating system was on a 10 year + old drive and strangely it died around the same time i had this graphis problem. so after reinstall of win 7 onto a pretty new healthy drive my graphic problem seem to go away too.... until 2 days ago.
i find it ridiculous that a game that COH would have difficulty running on a system as follows
* phenom 2 quad @ 3.2
* 16 gb ram
*Nvidia 550 ti gtx 3gb GPU.
the GPU was from a company called Axle so i don't know if they are dodgy. point also is i certainely haven pushed my card hard or overclocked ( meaning no current games) the damn thing is very noisey compared to when i first got it.

What do you think ??

COH? People always assume everyone knows what their abbreviations stand for :) Axle are definitely one of the lesser-known/respected brands so you may be on to something there. Increased noise suggests your card is getting hotter (causing fan speeds to increase) so maybe give your system a clean out with a can of compressed air. Presumably you've updated drivers? Is the card still under warranty?