Advice on using a Orange 3g sim in an old 2g handset

Tags:
  • Nokia
Last response: in Brands
June 2, 2005 4:10:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Hi Im going on holiday,

as my Orange 6630 has line 2 and the associated bug preventing me using the
PIN number on the handset - well documented. Its not a prob in the UK cos i
use care and the phones lock function to keep things safe. However im off to
Ibiza and dont fancy my chances out there and have read previous posts about
the problems when SIMs are stolen, I want to put my new sim into my old
handset (prob a 6610) so i can use the PIM number on the SIM.

Will the 3g sim out of my 6630 work temporarily in my old 2g 6610??

More about : advice orange sim handset

Anonymous
June 2, 2005 11:29:19 PM

"NJ" <nomail@here.com> wrote in message
news:D 7mpfq$4fm$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk...
> Hi Im going on holiday,
>
> as my Orange 6630 has line 2 and the associated bug preventing me using
> the PIN number on the handset - well documented. Its not a prob in the UK
> cos i use care and the phones lock function to keep things safe. However
> im off to Ibiza and dont fancy my chances out there and have read previous
> posts about the problems when SIMs are stolen, I want to put my new sim
> into my old handset (prob a 6610) so i can use the PIM number on the SIM.
>
> Will the 3g sim out of my 6630 work temporarily in my old 2g 6610??

Should work.

I've used my 3G SIM in loads of old 2G phones without problem.

Hope this helps.

--
Antz,
New Year, New House, New Job...

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

> Should work.
>
> I've used my 3G SIM in loads of old 2G phones without problem.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Antz,
> New Year, New House, New Job...
> Part of the UKtm family

Thanx
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:00:58 AM

news:D 7nmms$99n$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk...
>> Should work.
>>
>> I've used my 3G SIM in loads of old 2G phones without problem.
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> --
>> Antz,
>> New Year, New House, New Job...