Trouble with Call of Duty game

May 31, 2005 8:16:37 PM

When I play call of duty multiplayer on my new computer, it always freezes
up. But when I play on my old computer, it works fine. Is there something
wrong with the game or my computer?

More about : trouble call duty game

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 5:15:56 AM

"- E." <- E.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I play call of duty multiplayer on my new computer, it always freezes
> up. But when I play on my old computer, it works fine. Is there something
> wrong with the game or my computer?

Are you using SP2 or have a 3rd party firewall running?

If it's freezing when you first start multiplayer it could be because it's
losing focus to the firewall pop-up asking to give it permission. Quake 3
based games really don't like losing focus.

So I'd check to make sure that it's in the "allow" list of your firewall.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
June 1, 2005 5:27:18 AM

- E. wrote:
> When I play call of duty multiplayer on my new computer, it always
> freezes up. But when I play on my old computer, it works fine. Is
> there something wrong with the game or my computer?

Most likely it's something running in the background

--
Mike Pawlak