Sign in with
Your question

MSI GTX 660 ti Power Edition Bottleneck Question??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2013 2:51:18 PM

Hello, I'm new here so sorry if my technical understanding isn't great.

I am currently planning a new gaming pc build with the following specs;

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
CPU: Intel i5 3750K
GPU: MSI GTX 660 ti Power editon

My question is:

Will the i5 3750k with no overclocking (I am not planning on trying to overclock it) bottle neck the gpu?

January 3, 2013 2:52:58 PM

No, not even two GTX 670's would "bottleneck" your processor.
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 3:07:00 PM

hillyhill32 said:
Hello, I'm new here so sorry if my technical understanding isn't great.

I am currently planning a new gaming pc build with the following specs;

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
CPU: Intel i5 3750K
GPU: MSI GTX 660 ti Power editon

My question is:

Will the i5 3750k with no overclocking (I am not planning on trying to overclock it) bottle neck the gpu?

That is probably one of the best gaming CPUs out there right now IMO, no worries about bottle necking at all
Related resources
January 3, 2013 3:16:11 PM

Would you say that the standard CPU cooler will work fine with no overclocking?
January 3, 2013 3:16:57 PM

dennis555 said:
No, not even two GTX 670's would "bottleneck" your processor.

Thanks for the quick reply.
January 3, 2013 3:20:26 PM

hillyhill32 said:
Would you say that the standard CPU cooler will work fine with no overclocking?

Yes, but the stock coolers aren't very good. If you got an extra 30 bucks, get a cm hyper evo 212.
January 3, 2013 3:23:57 PM

sitbar said:
Yes, but the stock coolers aren't very good. If you got an extra 30 bucks, get a cm hyper evo 212.

Thanks for the advice, will the cm hyper evo 12 be compatible with Corsair Vengeance ram. Will it hit the heatsinks?
January 3, 2013 3:48:16 PM

hillyhill32 said:
Thanks for the advice, will the cm hyper evo 12 be compatible with Corsair Vengeance ram. Will it hit the heatsinks?

You shouldn't have a problem. But it depends on how many sticks you have, I read on a forum how he was having a bit of problems with his 4 x 4 sticks, but he got it fixed, but if its just 2 sticks, than you should be fine.
January 3, 2013 3:55:27 PM

sitbar said:
You shouldn't have a problem. But it depends on how many sticks you have, I read on a forum how he was having a bit of problems with his 4 x 4 sticks, but he got it fixed, but if its just 2 sticks, than you should be fine.

Ok thanks. Also any ideas on the kind of PSU i'm going to need? How much power will do?
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2013 4:03:36 PM

yeah, I've got the HE 212, and didn't have a problem with my gskil ripjaws, you can orient the cooler 90 degrees depending on how you need it, and I had to raise one of the fans a tiny bit on the side with my RAM, but was no prob at all, tho I have a different mobo than you, it really depends on the placement :-)
January 3, 2013 4:16:55 PM

Also any ideas on the kind of PSU i'm going to need? How much power will do?
!