Need help deciding between the xfx hd 7950 dd or the xfx hd 7950 ddbe

Is it worth paying an extra £30 for the black edition or getting a different hd 7950. I'm hoping to play bf3 multi-player maxed out at at around 50-60fps. Thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply
More about need deciding 7950 7950 ddbe
  1. I would probably go for a 7950 boost instead of a oc version/stock If you could find one with a similar price. Check this out. http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page4.html
    and this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161429.
  2. admbautista said:
    I would probably go for a 7950 boost instead of a oc version/stock If you could find one with a similar price. Check this out. http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page4.html
    and this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161429.

    I live in the UK so these are the cards i can chose from http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/amdradeongraphicscards/amdhd7950series/ which one would you suggest? The max i can spend is £250 but preferably a tad lower. Thanks for the help.
  3. I would stay away from XFX as their cooler design tends to be one of the worst.

    The Gigabyte or Sapphire is what I would purchase if it was me.
  4. Edu GT said:
    I live in the UK so these are the cards i can chose from http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/amdradeongraphicscards/amdhd7950series/ which one would you suggest? The max i can spend is £250 but preferably a tad lower. Thanks for the help.


    If that is the case, I'll give my suggestion depending on the scenario, if you can bump up your budget, to 260, ill get the sapphire vapor-x. If its only to 250, I'll rather get the gigabyte. It would produce more noise than other card I think because of the 3 fans but it would be cooler. If any of those is unavailable, then go with the cheaper xfx, don't bother the black ed. not worth it of the price.
  5. admbautista said:
    If that is the case, I'll give my suggestion depending on the scenario, if you can bump up your budget, to 260, ill get the sapphire vapor-x. If its only to 250, I'll rather get the gigabyte. It would produce more noise than other card I think because of the 3 fans but it would be cooler. If any of those is unavailable, then go with the cheaper xfx, don't bother the black ed. not worth it of the price.

    What is the diffrence between all the diffrent cards as far as i can see (im pretty new to this) the other cards just have a factory OC. Could I not just save money and get the xfx hd 7950 dd and OC it to the same level? Thanks for the help
  6. Edu GT said:
    What is the diffrence between all the diffrent cards as far as i can see (im pretty new to this) the other cards just have a factory OC. Could I not just save money and get the xfx hd 7950 dd and OC it to the same level? Thanks for the help


    I picked the sapphire as my first choice because I liked its cooler. Cool and quiet. And the fact that sapphire is really a respected brand. Same goes with the gigabye as my 2nd but still it is only 2nd. then comes xfx. Which I chose the dd instead of black because it is cheaper and you can just oc it yourself if you want to cope up.
  7. admbautista said:
    I picked the sapphire as my first choice because I liked its cooler. Cool and quiet. And the fact that sapphire is really a respected brand. Same goes with the gigabye as my 2nd but still it is only 2nd. then comes xfx. Which I chose the dd instead of black because it is cheaper and you can just oc it yourself if you want to cope up.

    Yeah I think id like to get the xfx 7950 dd because its cheaper. How many fps would i expect to get with it in bf3 multiplayer? Or would you suggest getting the standard AMD version?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Battlefield HD Graphics Product