Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Z77 extreme 4 asrock to hdmi tv???

Last response: in Systems
February 20, 2013 6:42:39 PM

Would a z77 asrock extreme 4 mobo lgam1155 with hdmi connect to my Sony Bravia 27 in " 720p tv using hdmi cable?..
They both have hdmi interface in them and I have an hdmi cable too.
Do I have to change setting in my bios?? I will be getting this mobo soon I just need to know if I can plug it in my tv ??
Thank you.
February 20, 2013 8:04:32 PM

If it has hdmi then you can connect to anything else that has hdmi. On the tv side, Just ensure you have your tv set to the right video input. On the PC side, as long as you're running a current OS, it should find your tv and configure it for you as a monitor.

There are always a couple exceptions however...You may need to manually update display drivers(unlikely) and if you are going to be using the tv as an output for sound to a stereo receiver you may find yourself needing to get some specific hdmi audio drivers for that. Cross those bridges if you get to them...

If you've done it all correctly, you should then have your tv listed as your default monitor. Again, if you're using your tv as the sound output to a receiver, make sure you go into sound properties and have your tv set as the device you want for sound. That is where the fun might start for you though. I know with aftermarket videocards that have hdmi on them, you can run into sound issues to tv's using hdmi only. Maybe it's not the case with integrated graphics....

Good luck!
February 20, 2013 8:54:26 PM

Thank you I just really wanted to know that because I do not have a monitor at all and not have money to get one for now
Related resources
February 20, 2013 8:57:05 PM

But what if I have not installed an operating system yet? This is actually a new build for me. Everything is new and not installed at all. I'm just afraid that nothing will show up on the tv and I won't be able to fix it without peripherals.
February 20, 2013 9:59:27 PM

That's probably going to be an issue then because you won't have the hdmi drivers installed and so you won't be getting any video through that port. You really need a vga or dvi monitor to begin with to give you access to your bios and then to be able to install what ever OS you are going to use. The process to get to the point where you can switch to your tv as a monitor shouldn't even take an hour, assuming you'r ready to go. If it's windows 7 or 8 you're going to use then you should be looking at about 30 mins to do the a complete install.

Basically you need to use someones monitor for like an hour...get the install done(don't need to activate windows yet so don't need internet), get your PC back to your tv, connect the tv via hdmi, turn the PC back on and windows will do the rest.

edit:

Again, though, because hdmi is included on your motherboard you may have some native hdmi drivers via the bios. I doubt it but you never know. So before you do all the other stuff just plug it in, confirm your tv is on the right video mode and fire up the computer. You're either going to get a screen or you're not! :D 

Good luck.
February 20, 2013 10:00:47 PM

I don't know if this applies to you, but remember that if you are using a video card hook it up to the pci slot plugins instead.
February 21, 2013 12:05:19 AM

I see but what if my tv has a VGA plug in it aswell? Can I just plug it in there as VGA then install drivers then switch to hdmi with same tv?? Because I just found the plug in my tv that says pc in (VGA)

Best solution

February 21, 2013 12:12:33 AM

that should do it! As always, just make sure you have the tv set to the right input for your vga connection. Once you've completed your install of OS, unplug the vga from pc and tv, hook up the hdmi and let the systems OS take it from there.
February 21, 2013 12:14:51 AM

Do you have to download an drivers for the hdmi or ??
February 21, 2013 12:39:41 AM

Assuming you're using either win7 or win8, no not for video and probably not for audio but refer to my earlier posting about possible audio issues. Once you have a full install of windows running the rest should happen on auto pilot when you switch to hdmi.
February 21, 2013 12:48:55 AM

johnnyevil said:
That's probably going to be an issue then because you won't have the hdmi drivers installed and so you won't be getting any video through that port.

Good luck.

Depends, If OP is using a GPU, he'll be just fine. I set up my PC (installed windows, etc) with a HDMI cable without issue.

@OP I assume you'll have a GPU in this build, if so, don't worry you won't have an issue.
February 21, 2013 12:54:37 AM

eyeage said:
Depends, If OP is using a GPU, he'll be just fine. I set up my PC (installed windows, etc) with a HDMI cable without issue.

@OP I assume you'll have a GPU in this build, if so, don't worry you won't have an issue.

I actually won't have a gpu yet. I'm planning to use my CPUs integrated graphics just for now
February 21, 2013 12:56:00 AM

johnnyevil said:
Assuming you're using either win7 or win8, no not for video and probably not for audio but refer to my earlier posting about possible audio issues. Once you have a full install of windows running the rest should happen on auto pilot when you switch to hdmi.

Yeah I'm gonna be running windows 7 and alright I will thank you you've been a great help!
February 21, 2013 12:56:29 AM

Best answer selected by maranthony92.
February 21, 2013 1:11:39 AM

eyeage said:

you are, of course, free to quote me as you deem appropriate. I do however ask that you quote correctly and also that you do not present my quote out of context.

Thank you

February 21, 2013 1:26:17 AM

johnnyevil said:
you are, of course, free to quote me as you deem appropriate. I do however ask that you quote correctly and also that you do not present my quote out of context.

Thank you

I did either of these how? I simply stated that the statement you made depended. It was not out of context, nor done incorrectly. The information that followed what I quoted had nothing to do with the point I was making. Obviously, my point was mute, as the OP does not have a GPU. That said, I quoted you appropriately and within context. Have a nice day.
!