Sign in with
Your question

DisplayPort - Dell U3011 - I can't get it to work

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2013 4:01:07 PM

Hello,
i have this Dell U3011 which goes up to 2560x1600.
On the other side, i don't have a graphic card but i have the integrated graphic card in my i7-3770K which gives the chance to reach that resolution but only through DisplayPort.
Problem is i cannot get the DisplayPort to work. If i connect the DP cable the screen goes black with the following image floating around http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/monitors/u3011/it...
I will probably end up buying a graphic card so i will not need DisplayPort, but if i could i would avoid doing so.
Anyone?
January 3, 2013 4:04:01 PM

Did you change the input on the monitor itself to Displayport?
January 3, 2013 4:08:37 PM

snoogins said:
Did you change the input on the monitor itself to Displayport?

Aouhh... how is that done my friend?
Related resources
February 8, 2013 3:58:52 PM

I'm learning that this monitor, the Dell U3011 has problems with the DisplayPort that just stops working after the PC goes to sleep. I've had 2 replacements sent from Dell and it is still a problem, so 3 monitors have the same issue. I have confirmed it is a problem with the monitors because the same cable works on different monitors, other PC's, etc. I've found info all over online about this problem but never a real solution to it. Its a bummer that Dell knows about this and isn't putting out a fix. They were quick to send out a replacement for me so it must be common, although they said it isn't something they have seen...which is not true because I found it all over their forums. I love the monitor, but I have to buy a $120 adapter to get full resolution when the DisplayPort doesn't work since my FirePro V8800 only has 4 DisplayPort plugins.

I've been trying to get a monitor that works from Dell for 17 days now. I paid for the extended warranty because they said they send replacements in 1 business day. Now its been 17 days with no fix yet. I'm getting my own version of Dell Hell right now.
!