Sign in with
Your question

Vga not working after restart

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2013 6:01:36 PM

Hello, My brother tried to play Star War the Old Republic and the monitor came up saying VGA mode not supported and when I tried to exit the game for him, ctrl alt delete, wouldn't bring up the task manager and now after restart the monitor still comes up saying no input or mode not supported. I've tried restarting the computer aver and over again only to get the start screen and the blackness. has this happened to anyone and does any one know how to fix this?

More about : vga working restart

a c 200 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
January 3, 2013 7:08:03 PM

Techguy5 said:
Hello, My brother tried to play Star War the Old Republic and the monitor came up saying VGA mode not supported and when I tried to exit the game for him, ctrl alt delete, wouldn't bring up the task manager and now after restart the monitor still comes up saying no input or mode not supported. I've tried restarting the computer aver and over again only to get the start screen and the blackness. has this happened to anyone and does any one know how to fix this?

the video game reset the video output from something your monitor could sink to to something it cant. power the pc up and when it post hit the f8 key and go into safe mode. in safe mode if you get to the desktop go to the video driver control panel and set the video to 640 by 480 that the lowest setting most monitors will sink to. reboot and if you can get video again that was the issue. i would google your monitor name and model and see what it can support for video size. then i would update your video card drivers and then reset the monitor res to where you like it. some video games look for ati or nvidia or intel gpu. you may need to update your video drivers.
m
l
!